I ceased contact, she texted me 8 days later

There's this girl I met a few months ago that I was getting to know, mainly over text. I was always the one to text her and we'd have friendly and some flirty conversations. Long story short, I asked her to meet for coffee and she rejected the offer, I was cool about it and decided to move on.

8 days later she texts me "Hey !" This is the first time she's ever texted me on her own. I respond with a "What's up" but she never replied.

She is a bit shy and I think she's also pretty insecure.

I'm not going to pursue her anymore, but what could she be trying to pull? Is she trying to get me to chase her again?

What Girls Said 1

• Forget her. Find someone who is really actually interested in you!

What Guys Said 1

• Girls will play these stupid games. They never know what they want. In my opinion don't talk to her until she starts convo for a few days. Whatever you do should be reciprocated, at least before being in a relationship. Therefore you initiated the texts, let her know that you were interested in seeing her, now its her turn. You handled it like a alpha and that's exactly why she came back. Female Logic=Mind blown

• Yeah I'm definitely not going to contact her again. Ball is in her court as far as I'm concerned. Still don't get why she texted me but didn't respond when I texted her back.