What do you talk about on a first date?

Girls what do you like to talk about on a first date if you're going on a walk, at a restaurant, etc, given that you haven't been friends with your date prior to going out with him. i.e you don't really know each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a girl, but I'll answer your question anyway.

I've had about 25-30 first dates in the past year (Online dating and regular dating). There is no "talking points" during a first date. Once you sit down with your date and begin the evening, you'll realize at the beginning whether or not its going to be awkward silence or a night of meaningful conversation.

I learned that really, a safe bet is to have her talk about herself. Ask her about things that interest her. If it interests her, she's obviously not gonna be bored during your conversation. Talk about her experiences, and if she's a great girl for you, she'll reciprocate and show interest in you as well.

The whole point of a first date is to get to know the basics of one another and whether or not you want to see this person again. You'll know by the end of the night.

And if you have awkward silences? Two things...its just as much her fault as yours...and who cares...its one date.

First dates are stressful, but worrying about talking points makes it more stressful. Point being, if she's a great girl that you'll want to see again, the talking will be easy.

What Girls Said 3

• what you do like working or a student

fav music or TV show

• No sex & No politics.

Other than that everything's good. You could ask her about travelling/movies/tv shows/her hobbies...etc

• No sex

no religion

no politics

no medical stuff

What Guys Said 1

• Ask her what she likes to do where she's from and other stuff. Google will help more for a question like this.