Have you ever regreted dating somebody?

have you ever made a decision to date a certain person, but later on in the relationship, you regret the decision to be with them? many girls/boys will tell you what they are going to do, but now days some people just lie only to benefit off of you. if you even just gave them a push in life they will sit there and wait for the next direction. I am in my early 20's and I am still not looking to settle until my 30's. after a year of dating, some girls expect a wedding ring. its just too much.

Most Helpful Guy

• I massively regret dating my first girlfriend at the age of 17. I was 17 and she was 16. Our difference in age created a lot of drama between us and her friends. Once I turned 18 and she was 17, I was called terrible names such as "pedofile" and cradle robber among others. As we both ages and graduated high school, things got better.

I discovered she cheated on me when I was 19 and she was 18 and I reluctantly forgave her and took her back. She was beyond childish and immature, flirted with other men all the time, controlling, accused me of cheating, etc, but I couldn't see it because I was love struck. At the age of 22 I found myself engaged to her. I just passed up a job for her that would have made us long distance. Two months later, she requested a "break," spent a week persuing another guy, and came crawling back. I basically told her to screw off, to which she replied and admitted that over the years she cheated with 13 different men.

All in all, it was a bunch of unnecessary stress and drama. It completely ruined my college years and I missed out on the freedom that even some of my taken friends had.

However, I often think, if I didn't date her, I would've never turned that job down. If I wouldn't have turned down that job, I wouldn't have the job I have now and I wouldn't have met the girl of my dreams that I've now found.

Idk, maybe we shouldn't regret the past but we should learn from it, but I do think of how different things would've been.

So, you're waiting until your 30s? That's probably wise as far as marriage goes. I know I was naïve and I have no intentions of proposing in the near future. I would say you're making a good decision in terms of waiting for marriage, but there's nothing wrong with searching for that special guy.

What Guys Said 1

• I regret my first ONS. It should have been with another girl.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't say that I regret the relationship. It was a relationship with person whom I was friends with before however the relationship ended badly so we are no longer in contact. I don't regret the relationship because I learnt a lot about myself, my values and my boundaries from the relationship. The only thing I regret is the fact that we are no longer friends. But then I think that in a way it is good because it exposed some very significant differences in core values which probably would have eventually became and issue anyways.