How do I get over a girl I didn't date?

-Long distance, talked almost every day and hung out a handful of times over a 7 month period. only stopped because it was to hard to maintain. its been 2 years since then.

I didn't think about her the whole summer, but now everythings coming back. We don't even talk anymore. The odd hows it going or happy birthday/holiday greeting.

not sure what to do but its driving me nuts. any help would be appreciated!

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, I think this oneitis that guys like to claim is just a "manly" way to explain a deep feeling you have for a female. Sometimes, this feeling is grand and full of love, and based on a legitimate feeling of feeling that things are right between you. That doesn't mean they can't be right with someone else too. And, sometimes, this feeling is creepy and stalkerish. You actually talked to this girl and developed a connection with her, this sounds more like something probably was right with her. It sucks that your distance didn't give you a chance to explore whether it is right, or not.

I would suggest maybe sparking up some conversations with her. See where they lead, and how you're feeling during this. Then weight how you feel with what you want out of life, and what you need. If you think, after re-getting to know her that she may be interested and you are as well, consider if you can be closer to her. Good luck with this situation. :)

What Girls Said 2

• Try date another girl

• I feel for you, and I'm sorry you still feel this way about her.

I think the only way you'll move on is when you find someone better, but don't go looking for someone, just try and get on with your life :)

If all else fails, contact her again? If its meant to be it will be!

What Guys Said 6

• hey bro...

Remember one thing whateva comes in this world or in our life are temporary has to take off one day.. thinking her as a passing Phrase of our life..

Delete her pics her number and give away her gifts if any... let her memories go

Start looking for a new partner which is the fastest and the easiest way to overcome all the mental trauma..

all the best for the new partner.. god bless u..

• Tisk, I feel bad for you. My advice is go out, be a player and screw as many women as you can so you don't get oneitis like this.

• i think you just have plenty of time on your hand and that makes you dwell on the past but may be I am wrong

• Out of sight, out of mind. Delete her off Facebook, delete her texts, take down any pictures of her, etc. Nothing of her for a year.

• I know how you feel man. Oneitis absolutely sucks. What sucks about it is no matter how many other women you get, you're still unhappy because you want the one you can't have.

I'd say either give yourself time and be happy with yourself or try meeting numerous women and see who's a better fit. You just need to realize that there's plenty of other women out there and not one is the "perfect one". I'm not saying you're doing this, but I have and putting any girl on a pedestal only makes things worse.

• Find a new girl-, pretty much the only way to get over someone.

• its been 2 years. I've been with a bunch.

• Delete her out your life periond her number,social networks everything and find a new girl you like to fill the empty whole in your life...i feel the same way except she sits next to me in my class everyday and I CANT cause I really like her and she doesn't feel the same way UGH VENTING