Have you ever used one of those apps to text from a fake number?

only to have it come back to bite you in the ass? this happened to a friend of mine and now she could get into big trouble for harassment, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I usually use those fake numbers as my back up

when I forget my actual phone.

I'm just curious but what happened in your friends situation?

• we found out her boyfriend has been seeing another girl behind her back for a few months now and she got this girls number and texted her horrible nasty things. she is panicking because the girl said if you don't tell me who you are I'm going to the police and pressing charges. but I told her to calm down because you can't press charges for calling someone ugly, etc. I think she is just really emotional full of rage and not thinking straight.

• yah that's what I said I said why even risk getting into any trouble or being embarrassed about what you said to this girl, just dump his sorry ass. the only way the police would find out who it is is if they have a subpoena and fax it to the app's company. this girl is just really upset by the things my friend said and is threatening to go to the police, but the police can't do much about it and I don't think they will. there were no threats made, just nasty comments.

• It's a petty "crime" they have much bigger things to worry about. I think she is just trying to scare your friend straight (apparently it's working).

You're being a good friend and giving great advice. She should listen to you! But sadly, this is one of those things she has to experience before she sees the light.

What Guys Said 2

• okay what app is this? Because a black guy texted me and said he met me on an app I've never used before. He told me I was a Latina woman and he wanted to be my man. My chocolate man.

• Never heard of these kinds of apps; do they work for iOS and what are they called

• yes, they are free (most of them).. the one my friend used is called Text Now

• Thanks for that ;=) I'll see I'll have a busy night ahead of me *maniac laughter* ;)

What Girls Said 2

• It's called the rejection hot line... classic.

• Yes I did, but I didn't have it backfire, at least not yet!

Please share the story about your friend!

• Yeah.. and? lol

People act differently when they think you're not watching, so I like to test his character and comittment. I would pass if he did it to me.

• yeah, okay... So, it wouldn't phase you. If someone did something similar to this to you? Aren't you violating them in a bazaar way? Trust is what you need, and when you do this kind of thing for ex. Gps tracking to monitor them it doesn't seem like a very loving concept.

Because it doesn't seem like you trust them, let them show you themselves that they care about you.