Guys, a girl wants to surprise you and take you on a date...

What could the date consist of to impress you? Some "original" date ideas is what I'm looking for. Would you like if the girl planned it?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only comment so far suggests a trip to Vegas, but we're not all made of money...

To impress me you wouldn't have to be original, expensive or overly sexual, I can really enjoy clich├ęd dates such as movie nights as long as it's with the right person. However, levels of intimacy, effort put in and thoughtfulness shown would really make a great date turn into a memory I will never forget.

Something like blindfolding then leading me to the an open roof multi-storey building for a midnight candlelit picnic with a view, shooting stars and drinks would really blow my mind.

Every guy is different, but that's just me.

What Guys Said 9

• Something I would want to do would be cool. If she has chosen something a little more special to me (proving she listened during conversations) then I'd be impressed.

If she liked the things I liked, and happened to choose something we both were fine with, that would be impressive, too.

It'd be hard to suggest good first dates... My ideas of fun are probably seen as pretty "dorky" - but here's a few.

Coffee places are good; they're simple, fun, most people can afford it; it's not a big investment in case the date doesn't work out. Open mike nights (many coffee places have them) can be cool, too.

Mini golf (INDOOR!) Go Karting.

An arcade. It's a little more expensive, but it's a possibility.

I'd try to find out what the girl likes beforehand. A platonic friend pestered me to come up with date ideas for "us" as if we were going out; oddly, she hated them all. My ideas were based on knowing her. She makes desserts. Had a home business. At the time, I had a bunch of friends with bakeries specializing in unique cupcakes. My idea would have been to take her to one of the cupcake places. Possibly, if I could swing it, POSSIBLY set up a mini class where we learn decorating. or... have her teach me. Hated both those ideas. Go figure.

If you remember something specific that your interest likes, you might do something around that idea.

• Sure, as long as its not too much publicity involved.

• If you're looking for some original date ideas to use yourself? What is a good date for me is probably not a good date for someone else. But yes, I'd like it if a girlfriend planned a surprise date.

• Honestly, for me, we order pizza and watch a rented movie, as long as we are together. That works for me.

• I Meant to write "if we order"... and the girl planning it would be a huge plus

• She could take me to Vegas and give me some money to gamble with so that I don't have to dip into my own pocket? I would not mind if she planned THAT!

• I like to keep it simple, we could go to the bowling alley. That's pretty cheap & effective for a good potential date. Ultimately yes, I love the idea of being surprised.

• I think the fact that you're really invested in making it special alone makes it seem like he's a luck guy.

• I wish I could go out with a girl like you. :(

• Depends on what the guy likes to do. If he likes animals maybe schedule an encounter with some animal, like a baby tiger or something, where he gets his picture taken while holding it. What kinds of things does he enjoy?

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not a guy, but I like the homemade picnic idea. And it doesn't even have to be outside, you could do it inside on the floor even. Make it as cozy as ever with lots of pillows and candles (be sure to place the candles were they won't be dangerous though haha) and put on some good music in the background. This works well especially if the weather is bad, or if it's cold outside.