What if you were dating a girl for a couple of months then realized she looks like this without make up?

The girl in the first slide. She's a beauty blogger on YouTube and a model, they're screen caps from a video she did about acne.

link

Would you be mad? Laugh? Break up with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well to be honest I don't normally go for girls that wear lots of makeup. But I'll play along...

I'm gonna say that I'd stay with her, and I'd definitely encourage her to use less and less makeup. Also, what a lot of people don't realize is that makeup only hides so much. Since I'd be physically close to her a lot, I'd be able to tell that under all that makeup is some scarring and bumps, so it's not like it'd come as a huge surprise.

Bottom line: if I really loved her, then I can't imagine a scenario where I'd even entertain the idea of leaving her.

What Guys Said 10

• If I'm seriously dating her then I'm dating her cause I like her, her traits, her nature, her voice, her smell etc etc.

I'd probably love her the same and more.

I may be logical and considered insensitive by a lot of those who are over emotional but I'd never EVER laugh at anyone leave alone her and forget breaking up with her for that reason.

Ofcourse I won't start dating her or anyone because of their professional credentials.

I won't call it deception or lying in any way cause anyone especially a woman will care about her looks etc and look her best (generally) when she's out, especially on a date. Even she knows that the make up will have to wear out at some point of time. This point is understandable.

However, if I sense her being deceptive about certain traits in her then I will get 2nd thoughts.

• i wouldn't be mad, laugh or break-up

I do think I would figure out that sure really was laying the make-up on thick...I also think that in the months that I got to know her I'd probably in conversation learn enough about her to realize she had acne.

but if someone I did miss the signs I would just keep being with her...honestly despite the acne she still attractive and clearly after a few months I would be pretty into her and am not going to let something as tiny as acne determine that all the other things I've grown to like about aren't important

• The make up or lack there of is not her problem. She is just plain ugly. I normally rather have a girl who doesn't wear make up and have found many of girl with acne attractive. But she is not that cute at all with out without the make up. But in theory I would not break up with her just because she had acne.

• If the relationship was solid as I would want from any girl.

No

No

No

I'd want her to wear makeup in public so she feels confident and would want to explore ways to reduce the scarring.

• Deception is deception. I wouldn't trust her about anything else if she is fake about her looks!

• No, no, and no. If I like her, I like her regardless. I have a hard time believing you can cover acne that well with makeup.

• Oh, you can. Make up can do incredible things if you know how to use it.

• you can count on me.

• Good (:

• Would I be mad? No.

Laugh? No

Break up? No.

• I am not shallow.

• I would just hope she clear it up

• I agree with martyfellow

...if he's been lying about this, what else isn't she telling the truth about.

And if I hadn't seen her without makeup then there's something seriously wrong with the relationship

What Girls Said 6

• That girl actually managed to really improve her skin so this question is a bit odd because girls with skin problems such as that usually do clear up so it's not like for the rest of her life she'll walk around looking like that. I do imagine it would be a shock though for some guys to see their girl like that but like I said, it's temporary. Most of us went through bad times where we had skin problems and the wonderful news is that it's possible to improve on it :)

• I just asked because so many guys on here like to say they prefer girls without make up and say that make up is lying and whatnot.

• Yes so true. Guys do tend to say they want no make up yet the girls they always call hot obviously have make up on. It's just a silly double standard. I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you are yourself on the inside cause there's no hiding a bad personality!

• Oh, I'm NOT worried hahah I was asking out of curiosity.

• Now her skin is getting better.Good for her.I think definitely some guys will get mad if they find out who is hiding behind the mask.If he really loves and accepts her problem,he will stay and comfort her then together help to improve her skin.It depends on the guys.

• I hope she's able to clear her acne. I had really bad acne and suffered through school with it.

• OMG! =O I don't think my SO will kiss my cheek, my face if I have that! =( =(

• With the make up it is really hard to tell she has acne..

• It's hard to tell in the photo, sure, but she also has the benefit of professional lighting, maybe even some Photoshop. I've seen plenty of girls with bad acne who cover it with makeup. From a distance you can't tell, but sitting across from them at a table, no amount of makeup makes it invisible.

• oooof...in all honesty many people probably look like that without makeup. luckily I don't wear foundation only eye makeup so I won't look drastically diff when I take it off.