Why did boyfriend say this? Over thinking?

We've been going out for a month now. I'm his first girlfriend. He's sweet and a gentleman. It's been going pretty good. His mom dropped me off at my house and since my dad was home, I told my boyfriend that he doesn't have to walk me up to my door. Boyfriend said "It's my job" and I'm like "ok?" and he said "I have to because of that one" which he points at his mom.

I said he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to and he says "Naw. I enjoy it(:" but I just kept thinking he is just forced to. As I got home, he texted me "You ok? You looked sad. Look, I enjoy walking you up to the door (:" I didn't reply back because I was sort of busy with something. But I see he texted me again after 15 min of me not replying, he texts me "Hey! I L-Love You <3" he's said I love you before but not all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• he's just teasing but honestly that's not funny. just not.

for some people they have a bad understanding of what is acceptable teasing and joking around. I think you should tell him very explicitly that you don't feel like it's a subject to joke about

What Guys Said 2

• He was mocking you. He said he was. That's what he was doing. You decide whether you get upset about that or not.

• He did this because he thought you were mad at him, and your over thinking

What Girls Said 2

• I can't post links because I'm not level 4 yet, but were question from profile Kandace3x also yours, because it really seems like they were? If they were, honey you're over thinking every single thing he says or does waaaaaay too much, and everyone will tell you the same. If you keep on doing that, you're gonna drive yourself and him crazy.

• overthinking