Dating, who should take lead planning dates? Is it the man's call or the woman's?

let' say the first 10 dates, should the man pick the date plan? since in most cases he's defining the nature of the relashionship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoever wants too. If you have an idea of for a date, you are an equal partner who can make that decision. Sometimes you might want to go somewhere familiar and comfortable for you so you could set things up. It is always cool to see a girl in her element/space when she plans things. Just like you like the surprise of a dates, many guys do too. It also shows if you were listening to him then you could do something they really like. 10 dates is +- 2 months which is a long time for one person to always be planning and initiating things. Most guys would expect to lead in the first 3/4/5 dates, but you can make your voice be heard at any time. This will be your relationship too

What Guys Said 4

• the first 10 dates is alot. I think the guy should plan the first 5 or so and then you can decide together what you would like to do.

• They should be making decisions together. They both have to sit through the date so why should only one of them decide where to go?

• It should be equal - girls should really start to embrace the 21st century

• I think women should try to not purposely do as little as possible and actually do stuff in a relationship

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's a personal call... I'm somewhat old-fashioned so I like the guy to plan the first few dates. But there are plenty of women who like to take control, or have a specific idea of something they want to plan.

I don't think that men are usually "defining the nature of the relationship" though. Women are just as much in control of where the relationship is going, if not more so.

• ...uhmm neither. lol I guess if you're a female who's not confident in taking the lead, you may want the man to plan the date, but I don't think it's fair to ALWAYS put all that pressure on him while you get a pass at being creative just because you were born with a vagina. Yeah, it feels great when a guy takes you on a date and you are totally surprised, but it's not cool to continuously expect him to prep for everything. Typically, the first few dates should be planned together, then when you guys become official you should both take turns taking the lead on planning dates or at least that's how it works in my mind. I really enjoy surprising my man with a date : ) I don't just sit around and expect "princess treatment" because I wasn't born with a c*ck.