Men's kissing language?

It has been a long time since I have been in the dating world and a long time since having another first kiss.

Anyways, this guy I like (whom I believe is interested in me as well) and I shared a nice kiss last night. He was walking me to my car and we both waited around talking by my car(I'm pretty sure he wanted to kiss me as badly as I wanted to kiss him.).

He opened his arms to give me a hug goodbye and while we were hugging I looked up at him to kind of give him the okay to kiss me. I leaned in a bit, but he waited a tiny bit to meet my lips. I have never had a guy do that. I don't know if he was waiting to see if I'd look into his eyes or if he wanted me to initiate the rest of the way. Or was he savoring the moment? I have no idea because most men I've kissed in the past have made no qualms about wanting to kiss me back and have always gone for it.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Was there an (barely perceptible) intake of breath at the moment of hesitation? If so, my guess is that it was a savoring the moment kind of thing.

You said it's been a long time since you've dated, so I'm also guessing that you dated guys who were a lot younger and so likely far more eager to jump in lips first, so to speak.

As we get older we get more appreciative of the fairer sex and the delicate intricacies that a simple kiss can convey and offer, and the yielding and passionate discourse that such an act can reveal.

Was that enough poetic imagery for one post?

• Hmmm... when he paused initially, I don't remember if there was an intake of breath. But the second time there definitely was. He told me I was a good kisser afterward too, and seemed almost stunned when we went our separate ways. I have no idea what he was thinking, but I'm sure there is no need for me to dissect that. lol

Thanks for your answer and the poetic imagery was very enjoyable! ;)

What Guys Said 1

• Honey you are thinking way too much about that. He kissed you there was nothing more than that.

ALL IS GOOD !

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend does that and I think it's almost like him asking. He likes it when I move up to meet his lips. But the savoring the moment thing sounds very reasonable too. Honestly whatever it was, it seems sweet. :) I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Thanks for your answer! It is very sweet, now that I have had more time to think about it. I suppose as a woman, it's difficult to not over think everything (lol), especially since I feel like I'm exploring foreign territory. I wonder if your boyfriend is savoring the moment too? ;)

• Well, my boyfriend is also a little sh*t (I say that in the most affectionate way possible) and likes to "mess with me" by not letting me kiss him when I really want to. XD Oh, but I digress. Maybe all guys worth being with savor the moment (that could be in different ways, I guess). Also, I just noticed in a movie I saw today, the main couple did that hover-near-the-lips thing. So maybe it's suuuuuuper romantic. ;)