Is it bad for a christain to date a musician?

I like this guy a lot. he is a drummer in a band. We have started hanging out together and he invited me to see his band play. I have a lot of faith in God. I don't party.

I just want to at least see him perform but my mom if it's bad. I just feel annoyed I want to go out with him and she is ruining it

Most Helpful Girl

• music is against Christianity? I understand your mom's worry if there is drinking and drugs but just the fact he is in a band shouldn't be a big deal... there are a lots worse things in life to worry about.

• She said he doesn't play in a christian band so what else does he do. Yea drinks but he doesn't do drugs. I feel like I am being suffocated. All I wanted to do was go once to show support and so he can know I do care about him because he loves playing drums

• and you can't do that why?

• maybe if she met him and saw that he is really a nice guy she would feel more confident? It's worth a try..

What Guys Said 2

• I don't see anything bad about dating someone who likes to write and play music. Being a musician does not mean he's a bad person or anything like that. If you are not into partying, don't go. He's not gotta force you to go. It's great that you have a belief in religion, but there is nothing that says you can't date or like musicians.

• Well she can't really do much to stop you? She has no proper power. There is no reason it would be bad, Christianity is all about accepting others and being kind. Demonising people based on one thing seems to be pissing all over that.

• She doesn't want me to go on the wrong path. But she doesn't get that she is suffocating me

• She isn't helping that though, making the other path taboo doesn't make someone avoid it... It makes them want to try it more. My mum is very Christian, but she trusts my judgement and that I'm mature about my life decisions. You should mention that it's your choice and you know the difference between right and wrong, good and bad.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope I think you should be more worried about whether s Christian can date since I don't think it's allowed

Your mum shouldn't have a problem if she's allowing you to date him then she should allow you to see him at his best. Besides you're an adult make your own decisions

• I don't think so

• I can't see why that would be an issue. I mean, if he were a screamo band type guy then I can maybe understand the issue your mom has but still...no big issue.