How does dating actually work?

So before my ex, I've honestly never talked to guys before. I was very shy and kept to myself. My ex was my first boyfriend. So I have no dating experience other than why ex. Anyways we aren't together anymore and it's been 4 months so far. I started talking to this other guy but I decided not to anymore because he seemed to talk to a lot of girls. Than I started thinking isn't that what dating is, you talk to multiple people? Honestly for me I can't do that. I feel if I like two guys, in the end I have to choose one and focus on getting to know them better, instead of going on dates with multiple guys. So what does it actual mean to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating is anold fashioned social ritual, where the girl is some sort prize as in a lottery drawing.

If I were you, I wouldn't wait for guys to start playing this game. I'd go after someone I liked, do him favors, tell him you like his inner qualities such as honesty and dependability.

That way you get a guy you really like, not the guy with the nicest car. Who might be a total jerk.

What Guys Said 1

• Dating can be with one person or more, it really is up to the individual. Some people will date more than one person at a time while others will only date one. During dating, you are just getting to know someone and are not tied to each other exclusively. Both parties are free to see other people until you've had a talk about being exclusive.

What Girls Said 1

• You seem to be my other half that doesn't really understand the whole dating thing! heheh