(Guys in 20s) would you date a woman over 40?

There is this woman over 40 who is really interested in me and wants to see if we could have a relationship.. what would be your concerns or could you even try?

Most Helpful Girl

• there could only be 2 possibilities why she is interested in you:

1. she wants you as her boy toy sort of thing, and if that guy in your profile pic is really you, I can see why she would want that ;)

2. she really is interested in you as a person, and this is where you should be careful! Since you already said that you were scared when she mentions kids, then maybe it's better to not go for it. In your age you're probably still looking for the fun in relationships, while she's had it all, and is (more than) ready to settle down.

So if it's reason 1, go for it! If it's reason 2, I don't think it will be a wise decision to start anything with her.

Also, what will your parents think? My mom already hoped I won't get a guy who's old enough to be her brother! So dating a much older guy would just be too freaky for me.

What Girls Said 3

• As a woman in her 40s, I have to say that I have a cut off age of what I'm willing to date. I will consider someone within a decade of my age, meaning up to 10 years older or 10 years younger. I feel that age gaps creates such a huge difference in life experiences that it would be difficult to really relate to each other.

While some 20something guy would be great to have in the sack, I don't see that there would be much more to the relationship than just that. I would always feel like a teacher around him, feeling the need to educate him on life and the world. I don't know everything there is to know, but once you reach your 40s you begin to understand there is a TON of value in 20 years of adult life experiences. Something you just can't comprehend while in your 20s.

• She seems to believe that I have a pretty good grasp on life and common concepts hah :)

• if you're not attracted to her, then don't mislead her

• only go into a relationship if you are serious with the person

if she is serious she will get hurt

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't pass on Jennifer Aniston but pretty much any "regular" 40+ woman I would have serious second thoughts.

First of all, I'd like to have children and with a 40+ woman that just isn't likely to happen.

Second of all, my parents are in their 40's... How awkward would that be?

And obviously, to even consider it, I'd have to be very attracted to her and have amazing chemistry. Our lives should be compatible (which might be the hardest of all).

• parents in 50's... yea she talked about children.. now THAT scared me.

• I do not think so. There would be too much of age gap for me.

• It depends man, do you love her? do you care for her? can you see yourself by her side in the next years? Only you can answer those questions.

• just been talking.. wayyy too soon for love talk haha

• why not? If I like her, and we feel OK, then it's okay.

• FWB for sure... not a serious relationship.

• Go for it! Chances are she is not after something serious so you might as well have fun. She will be much less hassle than a girl your own age and won't mess you around. She'll also be more up for sex and on a regular basis.

• yea it seems like the older women get, the less options, so they aren't as flaky..

• Yeah but I wouldn't let it get too serious

• Not a chance.