Are guys into girls who can cook?

This guy I used to date is in town for a few weeks, and everything was going great until he saw me out with a guy I recently started dating. There are still some feelings there, so he's been distant for the last week. I want to cook him a nice dinner before he leaves, but do guys appreciate girls who do this? What should I cook and do you think this will help smooth things out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone likes it when someone else can cook!

I'm no blue-ribbon chef or anything, but I have no problem cooking, grilling, and baking basic meals and desserts, and I expect any girl I date to be able to do at least about as well as I can. It's not a make-or-break issue, or one that will make me fall in love, but it's certainly a check in the Plus column.

What Guys Said 9

• F***in straight. The two things a man loves most in the world: food and sex. If a chick can provide both, you're pretty much golden.

• It's kind of a turn off when a girl can only use a microwave. Same thing if a girl is a picky eater and won't eat stuff that's not "basic" American food. I love cooking and eating new food and would prefer to have that in common.

As for your situation... He's an ex, so I'm not sure why you'd need to placate his feelings just because he's sore over you having a new boyfriend.

• its not a requirement, but I always really enjoy it when my Girlfriend cooks for me. She's OK at cooking. not a superstar but she's made me some good dinners before.

I can look after myself, and cook well, but its always nice when she does it for me

• Yes!

We love it when girls do this. Just cook anything you're confident in making.

It's a great tragedy of our generation that girls have forgotten the gesture of saying thanks with food.

• ya its sexy and feminine when a girl can cook

• yes!

• For me it's a big plus if a girl knows how to cook, and I don't just mean mac and cheese. It used to be a given that a girl would learn how to cook from her mum but these days it's pretty uncommon. I know more guys who are good cooks than girls.

• why are you trying to get back with a guy you used to date when you already have another guy.

cooking him dinner says that you want still him. if you are not going to suck him or f*** him then don't even talk to him. he shouldn't even talk to you either.

there is nothing to smooth out. you're not with him. if you just want to get/give some, then just do it. guys do not want to be your friend after we have dated

• I don't have a boyfriend. I'm casually dating someone. I do still care about this guy so yeah I don't want to leave things on awkward terms.

• Oh absolutely. I love to eat so if the girl was good cook I couldn't think of anything being wrong with this; except he might get the wrong impression, thinking that you might want to be more than friends.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes , people get excited when I tell them I'm in culinary