Is my ex trying to get me back?

My ex and I dated for two years pretty much. He was my first love and I will always have a special place for him in my heart. The break-up was his decision, so I had no choice but to move on.

Fast forward a few months later and I'm dating someone new. My ex and I didn't talk all through our break-up, but a couple weeks ago I saw him for the first time in a while at a party. He was overly flirty with me and even though my boyfriend was in the room, that didn't stop him from bluntly trying to get my attention and flirt with me.

I left the party and then I received a text from him. He said that I should go back to the party because it was really fun to hangout with me again. I told him "no" and went to bed. I thought it was just is drunkenness talking,

The next morning at around 9 A.M., I received a text from him asking me if I wanted to go get coffee with him and just "hangout." After trying to convince him I was busy, I finally agreed. He picked me up at my place and we went to a local coffee shop and had breakfast. We talked for three hours straight. He had me laughing and it felt like old times again.

I didn't really hear from him again until the following weekend when I saw him at a get together. He, once again, was being overly flirty and this time more touchy-feely. And he was being overly nice, yet mean to my boyfriend, which had my boyfriend angry. Before I left, my ex pulled me in for a hug while my boyfriend was upstairs and the hug lingered a lot longer than it should have. He then put his hands on my face and said, "don't make a stupid decision," to which I replied, "what are you talking about?" and he said "you know what I'm talking about," and then looked deeply into my eyes and then I let go and left. I went to my boyfriend's for the night and woke up to two text messages from my ex.

My ex never really tries to contact me, other than when he sees me. I don't get calls or texts at all, really. He has me SO confused because I know deep down I still love him very much.

What is he trying to do? Is he just jealous or does he genuinely miss me? He has me second-guessing everything.

What Guys Said 1

• I think its a little of both and that now your moving on he knows that he is the past in your life.

"You never know what You got till it gone," TobyMac

What Girls Said 0