I know the short guy question has been asked many times but?

what the heck? I am 5'7" in shape good looking, dress nice but getting a date is nearly impossible. Seem women pretty much want the taller guy say 5'10 or better especially on the online dating sites. I know confidence is big. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you should go out and meet a real girl and not search online. I know it's hard having a job and all that, but seriously just try starting a conversation one day with a girl in a book store or go to one of your friend's get togethers (I met my boyfriend one night at a close friend's house) you'll have better luck meeting someone that way anyway. Most women who date online are looking for their dream guy on paper and it's true that they'll probably just skim past you online, but in real life people don't give a crap about your height unless you're under 5'6.

I'm 5'2 and have dated guys down to 5'4 and up to 6'7 before, but ideally if I were looking online I would narrow my choices down to guys between 6'0 and 6'3 because if I were dating online I'd be looking for my perfect match (which is a crazy notion to start with.. nobody's perfect but bleh).

Bottom line is. Get out there. Also have you thought about your Facebook friends? I know it sounds pretty crazy but most people have over 300+ friends that they don't even talk to. Skim through them and find the ones you find attractive and message THEM. They know you one way or another and it'd just make more sense and be easier to start a relationship that way (that's actually how I GOT with my current boyfriend. We met one night in January but I never talked to him again until I messaged him online one bored, lonely night in June) it works man

What Girls Said 7

• Short guys would scoff at this, you're not short you're 5'7 lol

You're simply not tall but other than that you should be fine, a majority of females are most likely shorter than you anyway. I always say I like tall guys, but that's subjective. I always say 6'0 and up, but that doesn't mean I rule out any guys who are below that.

I am 5'2, pretty much everyone is tall to me lol

• Yeah I'm 5'4 and I would kill to be your height. I feel like 5'6 is the threshold where as long as you are above that, people usually don't see your height as being abnormal. Below that people notice immediately, including women.

• I agree I'm 5'2 also, so I really don't know how you are having a problem most girls are this size so you are tall enough for me lol maybe its your attitude?

• Like I said, it's subjective. I don't consider 5'7 short because I'm so small while a girl who is maybe 5'5 would say he's short.

• While some girls do care about height, it can't be the sole reason you aren't getting dates. 5'7" isn't even short! I think my boyfriend is shorter.

You have to remember that women on online dating sites are more or less window shopping. They want to see what's out there but they may not be serious about meeting somebody.

• Don't date online?

I'm sure it's hard, most of my petite friends actually like very tall guys, and I myself like taller guys... That being said, I've dated shorter guys than I. I'm 5'5", so you're not bad =D

You're probably luckier with women you already know and that can get past the height thing easier, right? So you should actually go out and meet as many people as possible, make friends and go from there.

• Yes, date petite women! I'm 5'2 and am always dating guys who are too tall! It is not as much fun to slow dance with a guy a foot taller than I am. Think petite :)

• tsk tsk should have eaten your vegetables. lol jk my advice to you is to go after short girls. I would date a guy shorter than me or the same height(given the right personality), but we girls like to look up to our men, stand on our toes, or feel completely protected by the way he towers over us. 5'7" isn't really all that short either.

• 5'7 is short for a male.. The average male in most western countries is 5'9, this is even higher among the younger population, likely 5'10 or 5'11.

• First off, there are a lot of girls out there who don't want tall! My best friends all like short guys (and they themselves aren't even short!)

The best advice I can give you is back off the dating sites and start finding hobbies and stuff where you meet girls in person - having a shared interest is a good place to find someone who you'll click with and she'll be more concerned with that than your height. Having all those details lined up in one spot makes it hard for people not to get nit-picky. Or just leave your height off there if you want to do the online dating thing. Women only put good pictures up so its no more misleading than that and then that only leaves other things for them to focus on!

• Try to find girls shorter than you ... There's nothing you can do this generation-we humans are evolving so a lot of guys are short...but the women in my area are mostly short..I'm 5ft 8inches...

What Guys Said 6

• Doesn't matter how tall you are. Doesn't matter how good you look. Doesn't matter how confident you are. Doesn't matter how much money you make.

The biggest thing in a relationship is timing...being there when she is ready to date someone or ready to sleep with someone. That's how beautiful girls end up with terrible guys, because those terrible guys were there at the right time. Timing is everything. Everything else is incidental.

• Height is of huge importance, probably more than 90% of women wouldn't date a guy your height. There isn't much you can do about it though. At 5'7 some women will still date you, its just going to be way harder to find them than if you were 6'3.

My advice is hit on shorter girls, buy shoe lifts and if you must persist with online dating (which is sh*t anyway) then exaggerate your height. I remember reading that on average guys set there height as 2 inches higher than it actually is, if you don't do this you are disadvantaging yourself even further.

• Why do you even bother with such profiles ? Women who demand this height, this type of skin, this eye color, whatever, are simply immature.

• It's not your height maybe try a different approach I know guys shorter than you who always seem to have girlfriends

• I'm between 5'10 & 6'0 and I can't even get a women to look at me. So the height thing is BS women only care about looks and income. I can come off as the most confident man on earth but I'm not good looking or rich.

• I think you're just blaming the height.