Should I include my salary on my online dating profile?

I'm 26 and easily make $100k+ per year in a solid line of work (engineer). Should I include my salary on my online dating profile? I think it would make me stand out from all the other guys, but I'm afraid it'll attract the wrong kind of attention, as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stating your income in your profile won't help your chances. Most men lie about how much they make on their profiles. Most women also have an internal system of keywords that they look for on a profile.

If you display something that she finds offensive, or uninteresting your income isn't going to attract her.

For example sites like OKC and match already have a matching system set up. Your income usually has little to do with attracting a woman. Most NORMAL women are concerned with a mans debt.

Gold Diggers aren't that easy to spot, they also go to other places to find like minded men.

What Girls Said 9

• No one has the right know what you make, especially strangers.

The only time you should put your salary on a dating website is if it's a sugar daddy one.

If you want to attract prostitutes and gold diggers then doing so is a start.

• I would include it, or at least include that you are an engineer, because I know its something that would cause me to talk to you. not because I'm shallow, but because it is a similarity (currently an engineering student). You'll have to learn how to pick the gold diggers from those who are genuinely interested in you, but if you want to attract a woman with high standards, you need to let her know you have what it takes.

• No don't do that just state you're in a financially secure job and you enjoy your job. Leave it at that. Get to know the women before you reveal more information about your job. Message me if you need anything else

• You'll only attract gold diggers and con artists from other countries.

• No if anything be modest about finance.

• LOL NO

• if you are looking to possibly attract a gold digger, than go for it- otherwise I would leave it out until you got to know the person better. IF you leave it on there you will never know if a girl is going out with you just for your money.

• I wouldn't list a salary. I just don't think anyone needs to know that.

• no... I hate how they ask that.. I didn't like a lot of the questions they asked (on plenty of fish.com)

What Guys Said 8

• I'd leave that out, because you'll get 10 'wrong' attentions for every one 'right' kind..at least!

The last thing you want to do is appeal to venality. Too many women already have the tendency to finacially check out guys, without you gving her this handle to begin with!

• No it will attract the wrong attention.

You will get more responses and even first messages but then they'll all want dinner dates from you and expect you to take them to expensive places all the time. I've read about people having this issue on pof. They'd wear a suit in their dating profile and give off the high income look then when they suggest coffee the girl argues that she wants dinner.

Keep your initial dates as low cost as possible to weed out the gold diggers.

• Clearly you'll get more attention from women interested in that. I wouldn't put my salary.

• Do not do that, just mention your job and profile and conditions in which you are working, its very risky putting the figures on web. I personally felt so.

• damn you are lucky to be making this amount of money at an age like this

• Hello, I'm from the Toyota Gaming Dept. & your name was the lucky one out of 10. You just won 10 Million Dollars US. All you need to do is send us the rest of your Info along with a $60 money order (Processing fees) so we can send it out. Once again...congratulations.

Mr. Allahafftah Aramakhani - Gaming Dept Processor [Nigeria]

• If you're looking for a gold digger or to be a trick off artist, yes.

• If you want all the girls to be dating you solely for your money go right ahead but I don't recommend it