Girls, would you enjoy going to Popeye's on a first date?

Because I sure would. Like...what if the guy bought you two nice chicken thighs with a scone and mashed potatoes on the side, all under $10 bucks? Would you be down...or would that be too cheap for ya?

• Yeah gimme some chicken!
  • Naw, too cheap, get outta here!
  • I'm a guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it would be perfectly fine spending $10 or less. But ask what kind of food the girl is really into. If she doesn't like chicken (and I take it that they mostly serve chicken) then take her some place else (like Subway or food court or any other place). And take a stroll somewhere nice or do something else like visit the zoo (it doesn't have to cost). Just don't end the date after eating out.

What Girls Said 39

• Haha I honestly wouldn't care. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of Popeyes but I get the point you're making. My first date with my boyfriend, we went and saw Megamind in 3D at the movie theater and ate at the food court at the mall. It wasn't fancy and it wasn't expensive but I loved every minute of it:)

• For our next date I would expect him to date me for Mcdonald's and him buy me something from the $1 menu.

When things start off like that...what really is there to look forward to?

That is beyond an insult!

Your aim at a date is to try to impress the girl, at least show her a good time!

It's not all about money...but at least make an effort!

• popeyes IS an effort! You know how much a nice drumstick goes for these days?

• btw, I'm not really "that type." I was just curious

• All jokes here :)

• Lol, well I'm not really into fast food... but I suppose we could still have a good time. However, I can think of date ideas that are cheap but also fun and creative, so if I went out with him again, I think I'll plan it or suggest one of those if it's all the same to him.

• I wouldn't care that much, lol. Popeye's isn't my favorite. We had one in my town for like a year, but then it closed down because they weren't getting enough business. Maybe all the chicken fans were too loyal to the KFC we've had for as long as I can remember, who knows. =P There are other 'fast food' places I'd enjoy more over Popeye's, but it wouldn't be a terrible choice, lol, there are certainly also places I'd enjoy LESS than Popeye's.

• There's a difference between being "cheap" and looking like you didn't make an effort. I'd much rather prefer a picnic (under $10.. food you already have at home) than Popeyes for a first date UNLESS it was a close friend or someone I knew for a while in which case they could bring on the chicken! I think Popeyes is best for a 4th date idea after she's already formed her opinion of you

• I can think of a more fun way of spending $10 : take a girl on a food truck festival. $2 for hot dogs, 2 per fish taco, $3 for korean bbq fusion burger even. etc During those events, they usually have games on the side, music playing, and it would be a great way to get conversations going (do you like the band that is playing? have you ever been to ____i like their tacos better etc) all under $10. This route you might have a date for the future popeye trip.

• i don't know, I would hopee that he'd want to impress me. especially on our first date and important dates lol-- make the girl feel a little special

we can definitely chill at popeyes on just a normal hangout, and have good conversation, and laughs, and most of all just enjoy each others company

• I love Popeyes so I would be cool. But then again if a guy took me to Taco Bell we would be getting married.

One of my favorite first dates was with a guy I met on an online dating site. We were having trouble with schedule conflicts to meet. He called me and woke me up an hour early before I had to go to work and he had to leave on a flight just so he could take me to Waffle House. It was amazing.

• I think only if it was part of a bigger date. Or if we got the takeout and went for a picnic or something where we could just be alone and spend quality time to get to know each other more. I'm so big on the picnic dates - I even got proposed to on a picnic, lmao.

But yeah, if you made the Popeyes part of the date, and not the date itself, that would be fine.

• Its that your paying that counts. That you like her enough that you would bring her out to dinner and be willing to pay for it. What's the point of going to a fancy dinner and he only pays half? Girls like guys who care, no matter if they're rich or poor.

• Sheesh! What's with all the criticism? That'd be like a dream date for me. Its nice and laid back lol

• If this is within your first 10 dates I wouldn't recommend it - even later wouldn't be that great.

It's not that it's not classy enough or anything - it's just a lot of adults aren't so much into fast food due to health reasons.

I wouldn't take a guy there if I was paying for dinner...

• Generally I'd have absolutely no problem with going to a cheap fast food restaurant on a first date (for eating our food there, not for actually spending our entire date in there). For me personally though, I'd have to ask for an alternative, as I don't eat chicken and going to Popeye's and not eating chicken is kinda dumb.

But anyways, a good date doesn't have to be expensive. They don't have to cost any money necessarily.

• Sounds like a low pressure date idea. I'd be OK with that except I don't eat meat. But I can eat fries I guess. I'm not too into being formal and having to spend so much. :D

• No, I would much rather go to Taco Bell and get the 6 dollar Crunchwrap supreme box! Those are so good and very filling, plus Taco Bell is my love. Way to win me over really. <3

• I've never been there. It sounds like a chill date xD

Idk why dates must include a meal. Isn't it all about getting to know someone?

• Um,NO!

• No way.

• I wouldn't say 'cheap' but it's the first date, dude.

It's suppose to be nice and make a good first impression.

Seriously, Village Inn sounds hell a lot better. All under $30, if you want to be 'thrifty'.

Then again, it depends on the girl.

Personally, I wouldn't be down for it. I like having a full course meal :D

• Firstly, I've never been to Popeye's.

And Secondly, I don't fancy fast food restaurants. & Not because it's "cheap" for me, no, but because it's not healthy. He can take me to subway! lol

Though, for a 1st date I suppose it's not a problem since it is a 1st date and the person probably doesn't have a clue of what I like or dislike. Is their chicken "only" fried? If they have grilled chicken it's not too bad :P

Chicken >hamburgers

• Oh hell no

• It depends on how good of friends you are. If you're really good friends and she knows you well, then she probably wouldn't care. If you don't know each other too well then definitley dont. Either way it would be better to go to a nicer restaurant, or just a nicer fried chicken place.

• I always get sick when I go to Popeyes. Same with Chilis

I would rather a milkshake and burger. Steak & Shake or Burger Street or Whataburger >>>>

• popeyes is a nice place where i can chill and be comfortable and more myself, its a fast food joint no need to feel social pressures, haha.

• I have not been to the Popeyes in my country yet but I would prefer some nice chicken wings if they have because I love to eat the skin.And a scone and mash potato on the side would be great.Too cheap?Definitely not!

• I like Popeye's, but I don't know if I would want to go there on a first date, lol.

• why not?I like chicken meat :)

first date doesn't have to be at fanciful place

• Nope I am worth more than $10!

• If it was a beautiful day and you ate in say a park, or pretty much anywhere you can be romantic and face to face. Take that chicken to go !

• No way.

• More from Girls
    9

What Guys Said 9

• It would be a good way to avoid link who stalks single men in our city. Well maybe married ones too, but I'm not in the habit of buying dinner at Canoe or Popeyes for women ...

• If I didn't know her well I would not bring it up but if we were friends before and I knew her I may suggest going there

• If that was the entire first date? Hell no, I wouldn't do that. Want fried chicken? Find a classier joint that serves it. If the first date is something bigger, like an afternoon at the boardwalk or something, and it's just where the two of you stop for lunch, that's something different.

• If a girl is "too good" for Popeye's then she's not good enough for you. As long as you don't give her the impression that you're taking her out somewhere fancy it should work. Great chicken, good company, why the hell not!

• If she's a golddigger /high maintenance she would care, but if she's more interested in enjoying your company instead of enjoying your money, nah she wouldn't care at all.

• Not @ all. I've been with my partner even when he wasn't making any money. There is such a thing called standards ':' we all got to have them. Or we will all find ourselves dating the scum of the Earth.

• Gold digging is a term that has lost its meaning...

• lol it has not lost it's meaning +1 and how this answer got any down votes it odd. I do agree a little bit with stac that it is a cheesy date but some guys really are struggling and it honestly is the thought that counts. I think a day at the beach or a walk in the park would come off a little better than Popeye's lol but hey it is an effort and if she likes his company than it should work.

• oh mai god this question from this specific person LOL

• wtf are you being serious xD don't look like it.

who the hell would take people out to fast-foods for first dates lol.

• Sarcasm? If so great question...no sarcasm...awful date idea

• If she cares about money she won't like it. If she really likes and wants to spend time with you then she would enjoy it.