I played a prank on my boyfriend and he freaked out.

I played a really funny prank where I took a photo that looked like I'd cut off all my hair and sent it to my boyfriend. I thought it was clever, and I very jokingly pretended that he was hurting my feelings by his reaction. When I told him I was just kidding, he freaked out and said that I intentionally made him feel like sh*t for what he'd said. I tried to argue, call him, figure it out, but he said he needs a break from talking for a while and that he'll text me when he's ready to talk but he needs time alone.

I'm shocked. Honestly my trust is broken because of how he over reacted at this. It was just a prank and I played it on all my other friends and they laughed like normal! But my boyfriend freaked out and now he doesn't want to talk to me for however long... Is he being irrational? I already said I'm sorry several times and he's jsut saying I'm blowing up his phone and he needs time alone so I've decided to just not text him or text him back.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude's being a big crybaby.

What Guys Said 15

• A: we all know he's an idiot.

B: he overreacted.

C: its not surprising he reacted more strongly than your friends. The rest of your friends don't interact with you on a basis that involves physical attraction. Hair is a big part of appearance, for better or worse. He may be uncomfortable with his own reactions.

• Well, I think is is being a bit too emotional. I would be pissed at myself, a little a you and such but not take a break...

But you still did a pretty bad thing. Reason being is men (some more than others) are very literal and don't like jokes unless it is obviously a joke. Especially when it is something serious (like shaving your head). We can become very angry that we let ourselves get vulnerable to be pranked and how we reacted. We will also be mad at the prankster for being such an ass.

For example, one of friends had his girlfriend send a photo of a fake positive pregnancy test over twitter. He FREAKED OUT. Especially since he had been taking a lot of precautions. All of his friends at school kept talking about it and he felt like sh*t until a day later when she admitted it was just a joke. He had the fury of every demon in hell inside of him. He actually broke up with her because of the slander against him.

• LoL that's like if he sent you pictures of him with fake blood all over his arms and said he cut himself because they way you made him feel. Would you laugh and think it was a funny prank? You'd probably dump him and talk mad sh*t at school and to your friends about him.

Physical attraction plays a big key in a relationship and if you cut your hair off. You're going to look like a dyke, and I'm sure he doesn't want to kiss someone who looks like that lol.

I got bored writing this and looked down at the comments and seen the link to the post you had about your boyfriend being a loser... This guy doesn't sound like he gives two sh*ts about anything. And saying you are the only thing he cares about is a f***ing cop out. Because if he cared about you he'd feel like sh*t he didn't have the money to take you out to do fun things together. Shit I get depressed when I don't have a job because I hate not being able to have fun or do what I want when I want. And this isn't the stone age where you can do whatever you want for free. Shit costs money lol. And if he cared about you he'd show some effort rather then using drugs as an escape from reality. Because that's all drugs are. And now it makes sense why he's acting like he is.

You are a beautiful girl and there are much better people out there who will treat you the way you want to be treated and appreciate you more.

• wtf so its either he's coming up with a prank for you, or he's just being a girl.

Just give him some space. When he comes back to talk, just make sure you tell him that you were only kidding and you did not like how he overreacted for no reason. IF you don't tell him, he is always going to be this way, and who wants to be in a relationship with a person who can't take a joke?

• He's being a twat. Tell him to grow the heck up and be a man.

• completely irrational, I don't understand why anyone would put up with dudes like this. Personally, I think it's kinda funny. Dude sounds kinda unstable, what else sets him off? Leave the guy alone, I wouldn't talk to the guy ever again if I was you.

• 60% of the response you get from someone has nothing to do with you. He was probably already in a bad mood or had something else going on in his mind.

• I don't know about you but I find some jokes offenses But only when their about me. What did you cut yourself bald He had the right to freak out but I don't understand why you would be upset unless he is contemplating his relationship with you and what that might mean for him in the future like how he would deal with these issues as time progresses

• My guess is that there is an underlying issue. He could be looking for ways to break-up with you, or he could have past experiences with clingy girlfriends that accused him of things. My guess is that it's the latter.

• You already don't trust him, why stay with him if he's going to take a joke this far?

• Your trust is broken?

Funny, that's apparently how he feels.

• He sounds like a little sensitive bitch

• we all told you to break up with him...

• He might be pranking you now.

• Don't blow his phone up and leave him be. He definitely over reacted. Why he went overboard who knows. Seems a bit nutty. Do you know his friends and family? Ask them if this is common for him to react like this.

What Girls Said 5

• Oooook?

Did you know he was that sensitive?

Also,

Just an assumption here but this sounds like an excuse to break up with you.

No one can possibly be that mad over something like that!

• No he doesn't wanna break up at all. He usually cares so much and tries his hardest to keep me happy and I even asked him if were going on a break and he said no were it going on a break I just need alone time. So I don't know what his deal is. It was such an over reaction and now he's ignoring me.

• You SHOULD dump him over that. If he admits he routinely freaks out over things like this, you're in for a LOT of unnecessary drama.

• He sounds immature. Its probably best you are not with him. If he is willing to leave you over something so small then what is he gonna do when it really is an important matter. When things get hard is he really going to be committed to you? Sounds like there is more to the story. I think maybe he was thinking about this for some time now and now he has some lame excuse to leave you when he was probably going to leave you anyway. Real love is not that easy to walk away from. Move on because you deserve someone who really loves you and is going to stick with you.

• I'm a pretty emotional female. But I know that about myself and I usually end up laughing off my "over-reactions". If a crazy, hormonal, depressed girl like me can laugh and say sorry when I've taken something the too far or just the wrong way, and this guy can't, there are probably more problems going on than just his sensitivity. I think he needs room, not to get over your joke, but to grow as a person. If you guys are meant to be together, it will resolve itself pretty smoothly, if not, than you know what needs to happen. All relationships have struggles, that's what happens when you combine two separate lives and expect them to mend perfectly. But they should never be too difficult.

• You are young and attractive, why would you want your heart to be broken?

I do agree with others here, he is being irrational, infact he was kicking a big fuss over a small thing and you had mentioned in one of your posts that he's a loser, why stay with him?

If I don't recall wrongly, some of your previous posts are about affairs of the heart too, somehow I just felt that you wanted a relationship badly (sorry if I offend you). It is nothing wrong to want a companion and to be loved, but if we are looking too hard we may make decisions which would cause further heartache.

Another thing is he may be using it as an excuse to break off with you, something might have bugged him for awhile just that he had yet to make a clear decision. (I am guessing on this)

There are better guys out there...

• You already know he's a loser link so I don't know why you're surprised he can't take a joke.