Celebrity men date/marrry common women, but not vice versa?

This is something which I have always wondered. We come across so many cases where celebrity men (actors, sportsmen, businessmen etc.) date or marry common women or women who aren't as popular as them. But when it comes to celebrity women, there are very few cases where they date or marry common men or men who aren't as popular as them.

I have been very careful when choosing my words, because I know that there are exceptions. In any case, what do you people feel is the reason for this? It puzzles me because in this age, women can achieve as much as men (or even surpass them) in almost all fields, so they don't really need a more famous man to be able to become popular or get an identity.ity men

Most Helpful Girl

• Celebrity men date/marrry common women, but not vice versa? In any case, what do you people feel is the reason for this?

Possibly because most gals want to marry their equals while most guys prefer to marry those 'lesser' than them due to innate male desire to control a gal and being wealthier/more famous than her would put him in a superior position where she is way more likely to put up with his bullsh*t and he can cheat while she won't.

• Ugly poor people such as myself (I don't have a job or an education) date women seemingly "out of my league" and I've been cheated on and cheated just as much as the next average joe.

• @incogn3gro

Meh considering you stated you cheated on them it's not that surprising to me that the gals you chose cheated on you as well. Tit for tat in my opinion.

Either way your post was a bit irrelevant to my answer.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men and women evolved differently. It is not a popular outlook because our society doesn't like to acknowledge that men and women are different. Evolution is about passing your DNA on to the next generation, not about ethics or equality.

Women want to marry up. Most women are not even happy with marrying their equal. This insures that their children have the best DNA and best provider possible.

Men actually prefer marrying down. If the women is dependent on us the woman is less likely to risk losing our support by cheating on us. That way our ancestors could be certain they weren't being tricked into raising another man's child.

• Completely Agree, Best Answer!

• Best answer. Feminists squawk about equality all day and then whine about not finding Prince Charming when they're Princess B**ch and deserve Prince Jerk from Douchebagistan. So much for that idea. lol.

What Girls Said 5

• I would disagree. Celebreties attract each other because they have so much in common. For a normal person to date a celebrity is hard.

I still know a lot famous women who date less famous or ordinary men

• A regular woman will put up with the bullsh*t to maintain the lifestyle. She'll deal with the cheating, affairs, addictions and failed movies

Apparently a lot of female celebs are loose themselves. Celeb men know it comes with the territory

• britney spears ? some a-list japanese celebs too like yonekura ryoko for example.

• Hypergamy. Nearly all women practice it. But then there's rare cases like Britney Spears and whitney houston. Too bad they had to learn the hard way that it wasn't a good idea for women to marry down.

• Because women generally like to marry "up". Its all biological.

What Guys Said 4

• Britney Spears married a common less-than-average Joe

• Just google "hypergamy".

• Heidi Klum got involved in her bodyguard.

• Because men never engage in relationships/marriage because of monetary or social status gain like women do.