Do you think people should give up on dating after a certain age?

If someone has never been in a relationship, do you think after a certain age they should give up? I'm not talking about people who have been in relationships, and they're back in the dating game. I am meaning someone with no dating experience whatsoever.

Just wondered because I wondered if after a certain age, it seems like red flags if someone hasn't had a relationship. Would they likely have a harder time finding someone if a potential partner knew they had no experience, and therefore would be turned off.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can gain experience overtime. Just gaining it later in life doesn't mean anything.

However, it does get difficult as we get older. I wouldn't say totally give up, but try when it's convenient. I'm in my upper 20's, in shape, and working. I'm still single because well... who knows? I did give up though. People's values are too misplaced. Hooking up is more convenient and keeps me outta the bullsh*t. I feel like I spend time with a mature woman when I'm having sex. When I'm dating, I feel like it's a childish game. Why give myself the stress? I don't think there's an "age" to give up. I just think when it gets to be too much, don't keep it going.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think there's ever a reason anyone should simply "give up". If you think you'd be happier with a partner in life, there is no reason you should stop trying for that. Life is a strange thing. It's both short, and long as hell. It's too short to assume you'll never get what you want. And it's too long to ever assume that it's too late to reach your goals.

• Yeah sure not having had a relationship for a long time could be a red flag or it could just be chance

• I agree with udolipixie... no matter how old I get, I would / could never commit to a girl older than her late 20s

• no...

age is nothing but a number. like what age factors would stop you or anybody else from dating regardless of their age?

• Because it could be a red flag if someone hasn't been in a relationship by a certain age. What man is going to want a woman who is 27 and no dating experience and still a virgin?

• lmao, I'm not attacking you I'm just trying to wake you up stopping you from continuously attacking yourself..,

have you heard of those women who are over 50 and date younger guys?

• Sorry, it just seemed like one. Normally they're beautiful and not likely virgins. Most have relationship experience. They're likely divorced and those 20 year olds are excited for an older and experienced woman. I know a woman who is 44 and dating a 22 year old guy. She's gorgeous though. She's someone who can pass to be in her early 30s at least. She looks a lot younger than she is, and she looks amazing. The guy is probably really happy. She's divorced 3 times.

• I don't think so. I believe every person has that potential special someone out there somewhere

• Depends why they haven't dated.

• How old are you because I haven't dated either

• Really old. 27.

• I'm 25, I think we have spoken

• Well it does raise questions but you should never give up

What Girls Said 1

• Do you think people should give up on dating after a certain age?

I don't do should or shouldn't unless it pertains to harming children/animals.

I think it's suited for gals to give up dating after 30 unless they want to settle for likely an unhappy unhealthy relationship with a guy they don't find attractive, appealing, or interesting for the sake of having a father for their children. I think this as gals tend to be solely/mainly valued for their youth and beauty and after 30 the guys in their own range generally prefer (much) younger gals leaving them with limited options.

I think it's not suited for guys to give up dating after any age considering gals don't seem to be such ageists as guys, guys generally are seen as more desirable with age unlike gals who seem to need to look younger than their age to be desirable for their age, and guys are often valued for other traits than youth/beauty such as wealth, status, material possessions, resources, and personality.

• LOL I am 43 and have much younger men approach me. Age does not mean we are not hot, sexy or wanted. Cause trust me, some of us very much still are. Your statement is funny. And absolutely not the case in real life.

• @CindyN

Likely those younger guys approached you for sex not for a committed long-term relationship or marriage.

My statement is the case in real life as there's not much younger guy/older gal relationships compared to older guy/younger gal especially as the average couple has the gal being younger than the guy. As well as generally guys seek (much) younger than themselves.