Would you date a girl with a learning disability if she is successful in career?

does anyone have a learning disability or know/date someone who does?

i think I have a learning disability in math. but I am a law student so I obviously am not dumb. I just can't do things with math beyond the basics. (add/subtract/divide/multiply). I get very confused by linear sequences and charts but I am very good with words. I was always very advanced at reading and thinking and concepts, as long as it isn't with numbers.

would this be a huge turn off assuming you liked other things about me? (looks, personality). also even though I am studying law I am not a workaholic type of person, I want to work in public service maybe for children or something like that. or I would like to be a guidance counselor .and I want to be a wife and mother, I would definitely cut back or give up career for kids. I'm also not an argumentative type of person (I probably chose the wrong type of schooling for myself to be honest)

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of people struggle with math. I don't think you have a learning disability and it certainly wouldn't have any influence on whether or not guys date you. You shouldn't worry about it.

What Guys Said 4

• learning disabilities like that don't really mean much, I have a learning disability for math but I'm still one of the smartest kids I know (not just tooting my own horn I'm also told this by a lot of my friends) so yes I'd still go out with her

• I would, I got learning difficulties and know it doesn't make you any less then anyone else, just need to try harder in order to succeed. if your a nice person then that's all anyone can ask for, no one is perfect.

• You don't have a learning disability. You just suck at math. That said no one is going to not date you because you can't do geometry or calculus.

• if you're an overall smart person who can have interesting intelligent conversation but simply are weak at academics, then it's no issue at all.

What Girls Said 4

• People with dyscalculia have trouble with numbers, but they struggle to even identify numbers. If you can handle arithmetic, chances are you don't have a learning disability. It seems pretty common for people to have a hard time with more advanced math though. I, for one, have no clue what pre-calc is despite attending every class my freshman year of college.

As for dating... Dyslexia runs in my family. My brother's case is severe, but he's been in relationships, and so have the other dyslexic members of my family. People with learning disabilities aren't dumb, their brains are just wired differently. I'm not sure why it should even be a factor.

• I do struggle with number tasks or adding large sums of numbers. I struggle a lot with linear sequences. I don't think I have severe dyscalculia but maybe mild.

• I highly doubt that would keep a guy from wanting to be with you. I can't imagine that it would be a turn-off for anyone. Plenty of people struggle with math, myself included. Lol I'm sure plenty of men would date you:)

• Okay let me lay out for you. You can get anybody you want. It really doesn't matter how smart you are because I highly doubt that someone smartness can effect their personality to a degree that boys will be falling at their feet, in love them. As long as your a good person, luck will find you and help you find your prince charming.Would you not date a guy because he has learn disabilities? Girls who barely finish high school never mind collage marry super smart and rich husbands, I bet they aren't as smart as you. Never underestimate yourself.

• You don't have a learning disability. A real learning disability negatively affects your general ability to process/store information, etc., like dyslexia. You're just bad at math. It's actually one of the many reasons why some people study law. So don't worry. You'll be fine with the guys. :)

• I am bad but I am REALLY bad..i also have problems dealing with numbers in general