Should I believe his ex? I don't trust her.

I've been talking to a guy since March. Through a strange sequence of events, I found out that one of his ex's follows me on twitter. We ended up texting for 2 hours this morning and she was more than eager and willing to tell me how big of a jerk he is and to get out now (we're just friendly, nothing more). She's dating someone and living out of state, but decided to text him last night to prove that he'd talk to her (she's best friends with his brother and his mom is her god-mother). I hadn't talked to her all day and I get a text tonight showing me that she had sent him something and he was talking to her. She's known him since she was 4, he's going to talk to you. And she was telling him that she'll be back in town like she's interested. She's dating someone else.

I believe some of the stuff she told me last night because I've experienced him acting like that, but I'm not sure I trust everything she says. I don't know why she's still talking to him, just to prove to me that he'll respond.

And another thing, her name isn't on her twitter and she won't give me her real name, so I don't know if I can trust her. I kinda want to say something to him, since I don't have her name, to see what he says, but I don't know.

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• She sounds jealous... Red flag warning: block her ASAP!

What Guys Said 3

• Don't listen to the test advice. He'll pash, th and get pissed because you feel the need to play games

Instead of being afraid of possible consequences, grow a pair and take it head on. If you wind up getting hurt in the process so be it you'll get over it

• Have one of your girlfriends test him in person

• id watch out for her

What Girls Said 3

• well, she is seeing someone else, so her aim isn't to get back with your boyfriend, so I don't think she is telling you this out of jealousy. so I would be very very concerned by what she is saying. I wouldn't completely not trust her. and I wouldn't bother confronting your boyfriend about it, I mean if he truly is like she describes he will just deny it or call her crazy or trash her reputation to make what she says sound illogical.

99.99% of the time a girl or even guy doesn't just call their ex and a**hole or become crazy and angry at them for nothing.. usually they have done something to make them that way. perhaps your boyfriend is a narcissist. start off charming and amazing and lure you in, then turn on you and become an a**hole. so maybe you cannot believe his ex because he seems so unlike that. simply because you are still in his "idiolisation" phase and not devaluing phase yet.

it depends on the kind of things she is saying too. I mean is she offering you any substantial proof or giving you solid examples of why he is a jerk?

• Sounds like a mess haha.. just talk to him and explain all this to seem and see what he says.

In my experience believing the ex isn't always a good thing especially if she won't give you her real name, that's strange.

Definitely I would stay with him, and let yourself make up your own mind about him don't be swayed by jealous manipulating ex girlfriends :)

• Don't say anything to him, and take what she says with a grain of salt. I have no idea what she told you, or what kind of jerky behavior she means. I don't know if you mean he was abusive, or what. But first and foremost, go off of YOUR experiences with him. That's what's most important. Maybe he WAS a jerk to her. But so what, maybe they weren't right for each other. That doesn't necessarily define him as a person.

• It wasn't anything about being abusive. This wouldn't even be a discussion if that was the case. She was just talking about how he'd stop talking to her for a week or 2 at a time and just weird little things.

• he sounds like a narcissist. silent treatment is a form of psychological abuse. it torments u. its highly passive aggressive.

• You can't just assume someone is a narcissist off of that tiny, pointless, little bit of information. Sometimes you meet people in life who bring out your ugly side. They broke up, so obviously they didn't work well together. Which means it's likely they pushed each others' wrong buttons. You can only judge him based on your own experiences with him. If he ignores you for two weeks, then by all means, dump him. But if he ignored her.. so what. You can't put people in boxes.