Not letting a guy kiss you right away?

This guy that I've only met a handful of times seemed like he wanted to kiss me last night, but like I said, I've only met him a few times. We've hung out twice with other people around and we haven't gone out on a date or anything like that yet so I guess I'm waiting to see if that even happens. I am attracted to him, but I still didn't want him to kiss me yet because I thought it was too soon. Was this okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's OK to avoid it if you don't feel right about doing it... I have no issues with going at a pace she's comfortable with, I mean I'm happy to go very fast or very slow since I don't hold priority or high expectation over anything. Many guys will get bored if the relationship isn't going fast on the physical side of things, I'd not worry about that though. I mean if that's what they really care about they aren't worth your time.

What Guys Said 2

• Every one has their own pace. Be mindful that your pace doesn't dissuade him because it could backfire and make think you're not interested.

• There's no rule about kissing people, you're free to do what you want. The flip side of that is, if the guy has a different idea about how soon people kiss, he might think you're not interested, or you're going to require to much work, etc.

What Girls Said 1

• this is obviously OK then he will know that you are respectable and not a sl*t