Girls, would you date a guy you like if you found out he’s younger than you?

So there’s this girl in my office. She’s given me all kinds of signs that she likes me. But today, a male co-worker asked me what I was doing before this job (which I had recently started). This girl then asked me how old I was. I told her to guess. She guessed ’25 or 26’. I told her I was 22. She then said that she had thought 25 or 26 because, even though I have a ‘young face’, I act very maturely and I have a ‘deep voice’. I don’t think I have a very deep voice, but I do believe her when she says that she thinks I act like someone in his late twenties despite having a young face, because many other people have told me that too.

This girl is 24 by the way.

Girls, how would you react? Would you still be open to dating a guy you liked and thought of as mature if you found out he was actually two years younger than you? Is the idea of being with a younger guy a turn-on, turn-off or netural?

Most Helpful Girl

• at this age, no. if I was older, yes. to me it is a turn off generally, but if I liked him a lot and I was a little older and he was mature it would probably be ok.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah. If I like him, of course. Age itself is neutral for me, but stages in life, experience, maturity, etc. can be factors, when I consider large age gaps, at least. Something like two years is not significant to me.

• At my age probably not, because I find most 18/19 years old guys immature. But at 24, I wouldn't mind the age difference, but not more than 2 years.

• Honestly, if it is only two years, and you act mature, I can say it wouldn't matter to me.

• right now yes, and the chances would increase if I grow older.

What Guys Said 1

• Any girl that would reject you because you're two years younger than she is a girl that you really don't want to date anyway. I don't think that you should put much stock into whatever the girls on here tell you either. What they say and what they'd actually do if they were in that situation might be two completely different things. Girls will generally overlook just about anything if they really like you, so two years older shouldn't be anything.