What do I do now wait or continue to email him?

I've been chatting with a guy on a dating website for about 4 months. He is really nice and we make each other laugh. Recently his Dad died and this guy decided to close his account on that dating website. We have each others email addresses so it was fine. This is the last email I received from him. "Things have been very difficult lately and I am still with my Mom trying to put the pieces together. I don't know when I'll return home but I'll be here in Florida as long as it takes for things to improve with my Mom. We've decided it is best not to leave her alone. I hope to continue our friendship at some point soon."

Most Helpful Guy

• well if you have the patience to wait then wait but give him a couple months say six try to contact him say no more than once or twice a week not to disinterested but not desperate for conversation either give him time give subtle opening to talk about his pain, guys aren't as heartless & emotionless as most woman or we try to convince ourselves we are. if your not a patient person then take luckygurl's answer , there's only 2 ways to go one easy one hard but in the end the circumstances for every situation are similar but not the same. choose a path & walk it with no regrets

What Guys Said 1

• Only one reason he has shut down his dating website. He is dating.

The other stuff is a giant excuse to cut things off with you.

Sorry to be so blunt but nothing here. Best move on.

Stuey

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's pretty clear that he needs time and he doesn't know how long it will take. He's still interested in getting to know you and hoping that something more will come out of it, but if you don't want to wait he'll understand..

• hmm keep the friendship moving but don't expect anything from him. Go and explore other guys :)

• well I think you just need to wait. let him have some time.