Should I date someone who's ahead of me in life at a younger age?

Me and my boyfriend have been going out for nearly 2 months now. Everything is going good he treats me right and makes sure I get attention as well as support etc. Thing is I'm 18 and he's 24(almost 25) and I don't know what my mom is going to say about it. His parents probably won't care but what I'm concerned about is if she'll approve or not. I'm still in high school while he graduated college with a teaching degree for young kids. We like just about the same stuff and he's already said I love you and starting to think about the future. Do you think this is appropriate?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait until you are older. If he is the one for you then he will still be there. If he really loves you and cares about you the way he claims he will wait for you to figure out who you are as a woman and what you want in life. If he does that then he really cares about you and is concerned about your happiness. Depending on your culture your parents will probably have a fit. Prepare for a fight and ask yourself is it worth it. When you are you 4 or 5 years may seem like a long time, but it is not I promise. The key is to wait until you are in a mature state. When you are truly in a mature state at least 24 years old...you won't care about what anyone thinks of your man because you will love him so much more and it won't be because of hormones. Listen to your parents for now. If they seem to be rational overall then take their advice for now. At present they love you more then he can. Be wise and spare yourself pain. If he really loves you he will wait. I once had an older man who wanted to marry me and he waited five years before he mentioned it. Unfortunately, I didn't love him the same way. However, when I was younger I was crazy about him. So happy he waited until I was able to make a mature decision. I spared us both pain. Now I have found a man I am truly in love with and for all the right reasons.

What Guys Said 1

• its good that he's thinking about future. you should also think about the same. I would say you being in a relationship or dating him till you are working or have good career. it would give you more time as well as strong position do decide and take decisions about your life.

What Girls Said 3

• the reason I wouldn't date that far ahead in age is for that very reason. you're still in high school, you should be thinking about college next. he's probably thinking about what age he wants to be married and where he wants to live and when he wants kids. your brains are technically in two different places, even though you have things in common. your mom is probably gonna have that worry too. is he going to convince you not to go to school? is he going to wait for you while you're in school? are you going to understand adulthood the same way he does or is it going to take you awhile? I guess how far you are in age isn't terrible; it's just what you should or could be doing at that age.

• honestly, I never know what to think when a guy in college (even worse if he's already graduated) is dating a girl in high school, it's 2 totally different stages

there may be some cases where the girl is mature enough and the guy may be serious but I don't know, it's your choice in the end. You may have a sincerely good relationship, I'm not one to judge.

• i think its totally appropiate and f it werent would you give thet chance up? I wouldnt