Guys, would you really not a date a girl you deemed too attractive?

So I saw another post on here. A guy mentioned that he didn't want to date a girl who was beautiful, because she would be too much work and he didn't want guys hitting on her. Now, I don't think that's fair to assume that all beautiful girls are full of themselves, a lot of work, etc. Any girl can be loyal, looks have nothing to do with that. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on their mannerisms in regard to their "beauty." If it takes her 3 hours to put on makeup and still has to run to the bathroom when she's out to fix up some "imperfection" that people won't even notice then I'll be turned off.

The big factor though goes in regards to how well she gets rid of temptation from other guys when she's out. If she purposefully wears revealing clothes when she's out and feeds off of male attention, that's a huge turn off. It's one thing to want to look good for a day, it's another to wear barely anything on a daily basis and constantly being hit on by guys and loving the attention when she's in a relationship.

Another thing is if she's the type of girl who says things like "I can get any guy I want!" That's just a sex object right there.

'

'If she's just a typical, good looking girl who has the right personality that fits into a relationship then there is no problems.

Guys who see good girls who have a good sense of character and say "too good" just how a low opinion of themselves.

What Guys Said 8

• I think that guy's opinion says much more about him than about attractive girls. He finds her beauty threatening. It isn't about the work, it's about the fear of losing her, hence his mention of having other guys hit on her. That isn't a problem if you don't consider those other guys a threat. Dating an attractive girl can be intimidating, but if you're confident in yourself, it really shouldn't be a problem.

• She could come across another guy she likes more while you feel confident.

• She could. But so could a less attractive girl. So could you, for that matter. Can't decide who you're going to date based on an unfounded fear that they will someday leave you. That's a risk you take.

• in a different way then your subdescription thing, sometimes it is easy to convince yourself a girl is out of your league if she's completely cosmically beautiful & gives you no response whatsoever (typically of way out of my league girls).

but, I have rocks for brains, so I just keep pounding the pavement trying. it has paid off

that is all. this has been a joevalentyn post. *static*

• It sounds like he feels it would be too much effort to keep her satisfied. A lot of people put out effort that is outside of how they really feel or really what they want to do to satisfy another person. They don't want to try even harder to try and satisfy a really attractive girl due to their perception of the person having more options. I think that's what they mean.

I wouldn't discount a girl for being too attractive. I prefer to be very attracted to a girl in a relationship. And yes they can act loyal and modest, ect, like any individual.

• Seems like he's talking about high maintenance girls, and that's a big turnoff. It's not so much a question of her own beauty, but whether she's obsessed with it. Fussing constantly over her clothes, her nails, her hair, her makeup, looking in the mirror, freaking out if she gets dirty. I know girls who take 15 pairs of shoes for a week of travel, girls who spend probably two hours a day fussing with their makeup. It's very off-putting and tiresome.

• It's fine with me. There's isn't a too attractive as far as I'm concerned, but attractiveness has a lot more to do with personality then physical looks. A lot of pretty girls are high maintenance pains int he ass though. There's no way around that, plenty of them have been spoiled by their dad, and other guys that are influenced by her looks, thus it's effected her psychology which results in her being less attractive.

• As long as they seemed like a good person who I could trust I would see no issue with it

• Here's my logic behind it. The more attractive you are, the more people tell/give you what you want in life. I'm sorry but people are just nicer to you if you're attractive. Constantly getting your way starts to affect you, especially at a younger age.

Thus you get this negative stigma of being REALLY attractive means you're kinda not pleasant or aren't very understanding or loyal. Basically, hot young chicks are pretty much the rudest people you can deal with. You at least have to agree this generalization is mostly true.

It's not the rule but something I've noticed. Only exception to this being you're parents raised you to treat everyone with equal respect and politeness. Other exception being you're just a good person and the most attractive thing about you isn't your looks but your personality. Either way, girls like these are usually taken fast! So to answer your question...No it's not fair. Looks don't dictate the quality of person. Doesn't matter how pretty or ugly they are.

• I always liked beautiful women and am secure enough to not worry if she wants to stray from me or not.

What Girls Said 3

• I think you are exactly spot. If a guy thinks a girl is too much work then he is more than welcome to find another girl that suits his expectations.

• I agreed. I don't understand why a good looking girl has to be one who is mean, conceited, cheat etc they can't choose their looks.

• I think when they say that, they mean a girl who looks high maintenance and flaunts her beauty.