Would you/have you dated someone who was/is sexist?

Would you ever date a man or woman who was clearly sexist?

ex. A woman who believes its a man is a provider and his job is provide finances. He can't show emotion or be overly attached/sentimental. (Extreme) Thinks men are dirty pigs that can't do anything without a woman.

ex. A man who believes a woman is subservient and it is her job to attend to his needs. She can't be overly opinionated or aggressive. (Extreme) Thinks women are worthless sluts that have no place but underneath a man.

I would never be able to commit to such a close minded person. I've noticed that some sexist men and women have no problem finding love. Even if their partners completely disagree. I've also noticed a large portion of sexist men and women whom no one will touch with a 100ft pole.

What about all of you? Are you open to dating a sexist?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • I don't Know/maybe-depends on how sexist they are
  • Sexism doesn't exist men and women have different roles

Most Helpful Girl

• No I could never date someone like that.

What Guys Said 5

• Absolutely not. I would only be in a relationship that promotes gender equality, sexism is one of those things like racism that should be obvious to people why it's retarded.

it's the same, you take away what makes them different, racism you take their skin, they're all pink and fleshy on the inside. The same with sexists, you take what makes them different; Estrogen, Testosterone, the chromosomes, and you have... this mass of useless goo, all genders serve an equally important function, and race is only a reflection of where one's ancestry originated, they are no means to judge someone by.

• I don't know what you consider sexist to be. I believe men and women are equal and different. They are equal in humanity and value but they are different in their essence. There is a certain masculine essence to a man and a certain feminine essence to a woman and I don't value one over the other. I do find one i.e. femininity to be more attractive both physically and emotional because I am a straight man. For example, I don't think women are meant for babies, but I would like to have children one day and I would never date a girl that didn't want children. However, I will date and marry an infertile girl who wants kids but can't have any than one that just doesn't.

I do hate misogyny and misandry and I really think this "Gender War" is nothing but sh*t. Men and women are made for each other and I would never date a misandrist and if I were a girl I would never date a misogynist.

As for roles. I think men and women are each better suited towards certain roles over others. But that doesn't mean I would like to set barriers up for employment. If a girl wants to be a doctor and guy wants to be a nurse, then so be it.

So... Am I a sexist or am I not?

• No, I just couldn't get along with someone like that.

• no way...all sexists have severe psychological disorders...

• No, they're only good at causing more problems for themselves and others

What Girls Said 7

• No f-in way. I can't be a stay-at-home mom anyway, the thought just horrifies me. I need to get out of the house. So if he thinks it's my job to do domestic work everyday and tend to his needs when he comes home, I'm definitely not the right girl for him. I will never in 100 years agree to that.

I don't consider myself a feminist, I agree that there are some roles, and I like to be dominated in bed, but otherwise it's emancipation all the way. Which is basically saying that I'm also willing to pull my weight in paying for dinner, etc. And I will not expect him to "take care" of me, I also would expect him to help with the kids and housework.

• No, I could not handle that. I like being an independent woman. I don't want a man who has to keep tabs on me 24/7, or thinking that I belong in the kitchen. All that stuff isn't healthy and limits happiness for both.

• I have dated one, and I'm not sexist. Hindsight though, the only reason it work was because he wanted the same things for us and from me that I wanted. And I wasn't something he joked about so I never felt belittled by it. I am also a relatively passive person in arguments and other things, there are times when my personality clashed with his, but since I don't really argue It would eventually be talked over. And occasionally my forwardness was welcome so he wasn't such an extremist.

• I'd also like to add that I didn't expect things to come from him, and he wasn't overbearing in my social life either. It just from some reason worked that we mostly enjoyed the same company and such. I prefer to be dominated in bed, not a big deal. And we equally provided things for each other I would say, as long as it wasn't too extravagant he didn't mind too much. Occasionally he would feel the need to do something because he thought I'd done too much ha ha

I also like the stay at home mom idea

• I would never date a sexist. I can't stand them and a sexist wouldn't stand me either.

• I couldn't even be friends with one

• Hell no.

• No I have not and never will.