I've moved on, but I'm not ready to date yet?

I'm not even sure I was ready the first time, which is why things ended pretty badly between me and my ex. I dated for a while after that but I ended up breaking things off with everyone else too. I haven't talked to anyone in a few months, and I feel like I've been making progress everywhere else in my life. The only thing is, I see everyone else dating, even my ex and I feel like maybe I should too? Problem is, I don't want to get invested in someone because I have a lot on my plate right now. Am I doing the right thing? Or should I put myself out there again?

What Guys Said 1

• No offense to you, because a lot of people think as you are now (especially women), but you're wrong. What you said, although common, really doesn't make much sense. I'd wager that this has more to do with you not wanting to let go of your ex than that you've got a lot on your plate or are afraid of putting yourself out there again. You're always going to be busy and will never find an ideal time. No matter how long you wait or whom you end up picking, you are always risking the possibility of getting hurt when you enter a relationship. What is true is that the longer you wait, the more you will miss out. There are many men better than your ex out there, and you've probably already missed out on a few. And, when you find the right guy, he will remove your feelings for your ex. When you're really ready for that, you'll get back out there.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't feel ready to date then don't date. However I would consider why it is you don't want to date and whether it is simply that you are not currently interested (which is totally fine by the way) or whether there is an underlying fear of rejection or something similar. However I wouldn't worry about whether or not you are putting yourself out there at the moment. Everyone should take things at there own pace so just do what feels right to you.