Cold sore and I have a date tomorrow?

I've already cancelled on him twice because of a family issue and work. Last night a cold sore started to form. It's small. But I'd rather stay at home. Should I tell him I have one and would rather not go out? I don't want him to think I'm just making up excuses.

It's not really the cold sore itself, my lip is pretty swollen. I'm trying to ice it down.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're over thinking it... If a guy can't deal with the fact someone can get a coldsore he isn't a very desirable guy. The only time it'd be different is if it was herpes of something...

• technically it is herpes, but thanks haha

What Guys Said 1

• If you cancel tomorrow he probably won't arrange to meet you again, no matter what your excuse is. I'd think that a coldsore was a lame excuse also - most people get them, it's no big deal.

What Girls Said 5

• How to get rid of cold sore in 24 hours: first apply nail polish remover to a cotton ball and apply it to the cold sore. Hold it there for 30 minutes. (It will burn!) then apply some basic zit cream over it and wait for it to dry. After a while the swelling should go down and it should be okay to pop. It should ooz a little. Try to take off as much as possible. Repeat the nail polish and zit cream steps. One it has become flat and just a small scab try putting neosporin on it. If it's still a little red try the nail polish again. This works for me every time

• Again, not the best excuse, but if you really don't want to go out, tell him and ask him if he wants to come over instead of going out.

• That's not a reason to not go out I think... I'd definitely feel like a fool if someone stood me up the third time in a row because of a cold sore.

• You could invite him homeif yyou can't meetup with him

• either way he needs to know you have herpes type one (also known as coldsores), if you went down on him he could catch it on his genitals

• thats only if I have an active sore, I would never go down on someone with a sore anyways

• its a lot more contagious when you have a visible sore but your skin can still shed the virus even when you don't have one link