Why do my ex bfs, fwb's, casual dates - always get back in touch?

After I've seen someone and they or I break it off, why do they always get back in touch weeks or months later? Usually it's them saying that they miss me and realize how great I am.

At first I took it as a compliment, now I see it as a fundamental flaw I have. It's like I am too nice or give too much too soon, so the guy thinks 'hmm, if I can get her and all this, who else can I get?'.

Should I be flattered or f*cked off?

• Flattered.
  • F*cked Off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly...they probably enjoyed moments they had with you, particularly sexually and are more than likely looking for a little no strings attached sex. I wouldn't be flattered, but that's just me

What Guys Said 2

• Well them knowing you are emotionally unattached to something serious they like the thought of being the lucky one to awaken your heart. I would think you would be flattered from what little I know how the situation and or the break happened. If you don't find it flattering then I would say you may need to be clearer on what a breakup really is to you.

• Ehh...I don't go back to the past. Just a waste of time & energy.

What Girls Said 5

• no don't be flattered by exes,its usually when they are having a dry spell that they reach out to their past

• Be flattered enough that you're not the girl whose number they delete and swear they'll never talk to again. Don't be so flattered that you consider going out with them again.

• I've been through this myself. They say they never met anyone like you, you're the coolest girl ever and they want to hangout. Then they find out they aren't gonna get any and they stop texting so much/at all. They get back in touch because they are horny.

• Why do they get back in touch? Because they're reasonably confident that you're going to sleep with them. Don't be flattered; be f*cked off.

• you're better then them