How to tell if a guy online likes you?

On a social network site but not a dating site, if a guy suddenly messages you, asks how you are doing and keeps messaging asking how your day is, etc. do you think he is interested in you romantically? I'm not so great at interpreting these things.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps.

Continue talking to him, but do not hold any expectations. You may get a good and caring friend, or you may get a boyfriend as a bonus. :)

If it goes on for a sustained period of a few weeks/a month, then you may try flirting with him a little. If comes to that and you're feeling a bit brave you can try asking him out for lunch and see what's his response!

What Guys Said 3

• Sometimes guys just need someone to talk to, sometimes they message you because they think your pretty. If you like him, ask him if he wants to hangout and let him pick what you do. You can usually tell I guys feelings by where they take you. If he wants to do dinner or a movie or some else like that, he's probably into you. If he asks you to coffee or something weird like that, it could go either way. Now if he blows you off or ask you to hangout in a group, it's safe to say he's just looking for a buddy.

• Plenty of guys will want to talk to you but not necessarily like you. It's just that opposite genders attract. The only way to know is if they tell you it directly, I guess.

• Even if they send PMs to ask you about yourself specifically? If a man walked up to me in real life and asked me questions about myself, I would think he'd be interested. Is that inconsistent with social network etiquette?

• What did he ask you?

• Possibly, butttt it's most likely just being friendly. You won't know until you, or he, asks the other one out. Don't forget it's the 21st century, Women are doing it more often

What Girls Said 1

• Do you know this guy personally? Not just online. Things sometimes get twisted while chatting online, the only way to know for sure is to ask him.