Do you have high standards concerning dating?

Do you expect a lot for the perfect partner? (in every aspects of dating: physical appearances, personalities, social status, heights and all that). Or you just go with the flow, no matter what?

Most Helpful Girl

• My rule is that I will go on one date with anyone who asks. I try not to judge and give everyone a chance. I've been on a lot of first dates, and a grand total of two second dates. I've never been in a truly committed relationship. Although, I was engaged once. Long story. But yes I would say that I have high standards. Do I deserve some perfect rocket-scientist with the body of a fitness model? Nope, because I'm not a rocket-scientist with the body of a fitness model. I'm not unrealistic, just expectant.

What Guys Said 4

• absolutely

I would not settle for anything less

good conversations

good looks

good humor

high self esteem

emotionally together

truth teller

who cares about height

• Oh trust me, girls do care A LOT about heights.

Probably seeking for secure, that's the way they perceive it, I guess.

What do you mean by "emotionally together"?

• emotionally together means she knows how to deal with her emotions sanely...like anger which is a great barometer...I almost never get angry...I'm just not wired for it...but some people let it run their life. Someone once told me it's good to see your partner, angry, sad and drunk. Once you observe how they deal with these, you get a better picture of how they are put together.

• The only thing that is really very important to me is how she acts, her values, the vibe I get from her and if I enjoy time with her. I'm very flexible on looks and don't care about social status or height. There was a time where I mainly wanted sex with attractive women but I'm over that.

• Mm hm.

Probably explains why I've been single and haven't dated for 8 years.

Then again, being alone is a lot better than being with someone I do not agree with.

• I don't think so, but others may. The only standard that can be deemed high is that I will not date a promiscuous girl. I find it sad that some consider that a high standard. If I end up alone, so be it.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes very much so.

• I don't think I do. But I think everyone generally starts out with high standards and eventually learns to setlle(especially women). Since we now live in an age of commitment.

• well yeah I think I do have high sandars, but I don't ask for stuff I can't give back.