Is it pathetic to be 21 on a dating site?

some girls I was talking with were saying that they wouldn't go on dating sites until they were over 30 or something. but I've had zero to no luck with getting asked out and I really just want to meet someone nice already.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you haven't found someone in high school, chances are you'll be on a dating site. Just make sure you actually meet people on it and don't be like all the other girls who endlessly email people with no intentions on meeting. Be able to meet someone on the spot based on the contents of their profile alone. Don't use emailing to try and "get to know them." You can endlessly email someone who a month and when you meet them in person, you'll feel like they're a totally different person.

Main nuisances from online dating on the female side are that many guys go online just wanting hook ups, but claiming to want to date. That and married men tend to sneak online wanting to cheat on their wives.

What Guys Said 7

• No it's not pathetic. Don't be a lifetime emailer. Set up a meeting in a Very public place to make sure your with a genuine man. Trust your gut instinct at ALL times.

And one other thing... HAVE FUN!

Enjoy! :)

• I wouldn't say so. It's 2013, we're at a point where dating sites just makes sense. No shame in it imo

• no, its a great way to meet people. My uncle met his wife on match.com and they have been married for 3 years now.

• Not at all. Once you reach that age, people already have their set group of friends that they spend most of their time with. It gets to a point where you stop meeting new people. It's especially hard when you're extremely busy with things like classes and jobs. I recently just started trying online dating. I work 30 hours a week and go to school full time. Online dating is a good way to branch out and meet new people.

• Yeah, well we are all pathetic nowadays when it comes to dating I think.

• I don't see why it would be

• it's just a number of friends of mine and people I'm around all have no problem getting asked out in real life. plus for some reason they make online dating seem like a last hope (which, yeah).

• How long did those last?

• four months tops.

• There is nothing wrong with it. You are looking for someone you have something in common with it's not hard, and trust me if your a female you will get bombarded with messages from nearly every guy on there.

What Girls Said 7

• Nah, it means you're smarter than the rest of us because you're starting early. After all, the only way to really meet a guy you can click with is by finding out how to connect with a lot more guys in different places, right? I was skittish myself when I first joined, but it's absolutely the best thing we can do and makes perfect sense!

• My roommate (19) is on a dating site so I'd guess it's not a shame at 21. Her reason for being on said site is pathetic though so as long as you're on there for actual dates or whatever I guess it's ok.

• Not at all.I don't know where did your friends getting that idea.I know people who are 18-20 who try their luck on dating site.Not everyone is lucky to get approached in real so dating site is another alternative for them.

• i think they just aren't as interested in dating as I am. or they've had boyfriends or people who want to go out with them already.

• I don't think that if you have decided earlier than usual in life to be mature and look for real love instead of making dumb decisions in your 20s and ending up realising it was a mistake in your 30s counts as pathetic. its smart and if there are no good guys around you, its a great way. there will always be people criticising those who do things differently. its a decision you make, its your life. why should they be worried?

• yeah that's my main reason. I'm around a lot of guys who like going out and hooking up.

• I'm pretty close to that point I'm 24 I think it's probably easier to find someone you have things in common with

• i can't really understand why an attractive girl would need a dating site. if you leave the house every so often it seems like you would find guys.

• i'd like to consider myself attractive enough, but I just don't get any second glances or anything, much less asked out.

• i went on a dating site when I was 21. I had a hard time finding guys my age that were interested in a relationship...not just sleeping around.