I thought he was my friend? He's ignoring me!

Hey, so I have been close to this guy and then I find out he is dating this girl, whom I know as well, but it seems like ever since he got with her he doesn't talk to me anymore. He denies dating her to me though, like he'll lie to me but tell other people that she is his girlfriend. Of course if I texted I know he would text me back, but he doesn't seem to initiate convo with me anymore. I miss him! I don't get it, why he is lying to me about her? and I don't get the distance he has with me? He did always try to date me, but I was going through a lot of emotional turmoil at the time, and I couldn't hop into a relationship, but now that I am ready to date him, he seems to be distant and doesn't want to talk to me, but yet denies to me that he has a girlfriend? Also my friend put up a pic of me and Dave and it was back in the summer time, and Dave said "Me and Sara on our 3 year anniversary" Of course it was a joke, but still it messes with my head cause I don't know if he hates me or still likes me? I have no idea.

Why do you think he is doing this? What should I do? Thank you!

What Guys Said 1

• I have seen this type of situation a thousand times...

He is using you as sort of like a reserve girl, somebody to flirt with when his true girlfriend isn't around or he fancies a break from her. He will always try to keep your hopes up, keep you on the back burner so that should he break up with his current girlfriend he can immediately jump to you, using you as a rebound.

Best advice is to completely move on from him and avoid if possible. Think about it from his current gf's point of view, if your boyfriend was texting/semi-flirting with other girls would you like it? If you were his girlfriend he would probably do the same with you.

You don't want to become one of those girls who is in love with a guy who already has a girlfriend (you see those type of questions every day right?), nothing can happen in these circumstances with him unless he cheats on his girlfriend with you (making you a slut and him a jerk), so just move on with your life

What Girls Said 0