Would you date someone with baggage?

There is this girl that I know that has 2 kids and has been married before, she is under the age of 25. Would you date her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Kids might be a problem, but I don't think divorce is.

See kids will always be her priority, so you have to be ready for this, love them no matter what, and maybe keep away for the first months till you are sure you really wanna be with her, because kids get attached and it's hard for them if people just come and go in their lives. So man up, and be ready for all kind of stuff than it comes to kids.

A girl that is divorced (and so young) might have trust issues, just be patient.

So I'd say yeah, I would date someone like that (but a guy in my case) but it is not going to be easy, sure more difficult than dating someone without "baggage", cause baggage is baggage, you have to carry it around ;) know what I'm saying? :)

What Girls Said 6

• yes I would date a man with kids - I just love kids - if they were babies or toddlers even better if she was a teenager -(he became a teen dad) - then I'd have someone to shop with and teacg my fashion sense not just my sisters

• Ok so she has to kids what's wrong with that if you like her you ould betaking her for what she is and just cos she's devorced doesn't mean she's a bad person who doesn't deserve anyone cos she does you don't know what's she's been through. And why she got a dervoice I say date her but get to know her well and don't just judge her on what she's been through love her for every floor in her life

• I wouldn't even date a man with kids.

• I don't think I would date a man with kids. Not now, at least.

• I wouldn't date a guy like that

• I wouldn't date a man in that situation no way.

What Guys Said 7

• I foresee three problems:

-She's much younger than I'd even consider to date. (no solution)

-the father of the kids and his visiting rights. (no solution)

-the kids getting into puberty before they fully accept me. (it might be difficult and demand a lot of diplomacy)

• I don't consider children by a previous marriage to be "baggage". If you do then you probably should stay away because she will come to resent you sooner or later.

• I would consider it. I think it is a tough decision, I wouldn't rule her out but if she is planning on being a stay at home mom while I support 4 people by myself then no.

• Yeah I'd date a girl with kids. The kids may surprisingly turn out to be a good thing.

• Nah I couldn't only because I don't think I ever want to have kids.

• Yes kids woudn't put me off.

• No, I would never date a woman with kids.

Also I would not date a divorced woman unless she had a good reason for being divorced, e.g. she was abused, cheated on or abandoned, not just 'irreconcilable differences'.