Making out before dating, good or bad?

Do you find making out before dating makes or breaks a possible relationship?

This guy keeps telling me he likes me, spends a lot of time with me, we've been talking for like 3 weeks.. and he kissed me. I don't know if this is just a hook up type of situation or if with time it could lead to something more.

What do you find is the case typically? I'm simply curious as I know this won't answer my real-life situation and I simply have to wait and see.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd think that kissing comes after you've spent some actual time together,moer than just chatting once in a while.

Still, people do give in to temptation. Kissing you doesn't mean he only wants a hook-up. Maybe that was just 'one of those thngs.' As you say, time will tell. See what his next step becomes.

What Guys Said 2

• no, it's no big deal

people kiss

( I was told that once)

folks need to be more open with touching, hugging, kissing and loving

Why all the weight on The Relationship?

• I've witnessed this sort of thing once and that was involving me. I'd been talking to girl that I particularly liked for around 2 months and then kissed her because it felt like the right thing to do. A couple of days later we started dating and we've now been together just over 11 months. From my experience it works great in making a relationship work but we both had feelings for each other for at least a month before that so I'm not sure if the same will apply. Good luck, hope this helps! :D

What Girls Said 6

• People have said this before, and I think it rings true - the kiss makes or breaks the connection. I don't think I would ever start a relationship with someone before I had kissed them because a kiss can tell you so much words just can't express.

• I don't think it's a bad thing at all. My fiance kissed me before we started dating. We had known each other for a while before that though and I think he was afraid to actually tell me how he felt, so he showed me, haha. I was more surprised by the actual kiss though as it was my first, and I had no idea what I was doing.

I think this guy does like you, but don't rush things. Go out on a date with him and feel each other out as potential partners first.

• Wellll...I don't know if it's exactly a "bad thing", but I never do it because I don't think it sends a good message. Personally, I'm very concious about protecting the potential of the connection. This means focusing more on the mental connection first. When you start things out being sexual or even just doing a lot of kissing, I feel like it sets the wrong tone. Especially because now days, so many girls just give it up and are okay with FWB that guys can so eaisly get the wrong idea about a girl. However, three weeks doesn't seem so bad. It really depends on the way he kissed you. Where were his hands? Was he very touchy feely? Were they gently on your waist or your ass? Did they move up and down your body or protectively on the small of your back? What was the look on his face? Eager and lusty? Or genuine and lost in the moment? Does he seem to put as much emphasis on getting to know each other and building a bond as he does on making out? Those are factors to consider.

• I would say if you want a relationship rather than causal dating/FWB your best bet is to hold off until you've gone on an actual date or two.

• I would say wait it out, don't kiss just yet. I made out with a guy I liked and I think it made me catch feelings too fast, his kisses were something I never felt before and I went home smiling like a little girl lol. I did feel I got a little attached too fast and got really jealous when I saw him hitting on other girls, like he was my boyfriend. I might be overreacting but I don't just go around kissing guys, my first kiss was when I was 17 and I'm 18 now.

• If you're over 18 I don't think it would matter. If you are just making out and not going into each others' underwear it's no biggie.