Paid dating websites a waste of money for really overweight people?

If you're really overweight, is it a waste of money to go the extra mile to sign up for a paid subscription on an online dating site, such as:

* Match.com subscription

* A+ feature on OkCupid

* Upgraded feature on POF

The obvious solution is to lose weight, but many refuse to wait until they're at a more date-able weight, which could take 2-3 years, or even more.

• Yes, they should really save their money and focus on losing weight if they want to be successful at online dating.
  • No, there are those who will appreciate them for who they are, so they can go ahead and sign up.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't really matter about the dating site. All that matters is if someone is going to find you attractive.

The thing with dating sites is negative things about you will work against you even more than in real life because the other person doesn't get to see your personality - all they go off of is looks and what you write about yourself.

Best tip - find someone equally as overweight as you are.

What Girls Said 2

• I found my husband on POF and it was free. I don't think you need to pay, but the choice is yours.

• well obviously. overweight people aren't exactly the type of people someone wants to date. that doesn't say anything about the website, that happens in real life too...

lose some weight, get healthy and maybe you'll have a better chance

What Guys Said 1

• The women you could get now will be below your league if you actually lose weight.

So lose the fucking weight and don't get into anything serious till then.