Why does your husband want a divorce then want you back?

So my husband left me at 8 months pregnant, and now after 2 1/2 months he wants me back and doesn't want to file for divorce. I am so over him now..He broke my heart and I had to deal with it for months, especially with his first child coming. What am I suppose to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Change his name to "Do not answer" so that way you know not to answer when he calls.

Delete his facebook/myspace etc..

Ask him to send a written request one day in advance to your mail box so you know when he will be coming by to see the kids - its your house, though he does still have custody of them until the court removes that.

Your in a mess -- I responded on your original question about this. It's hard and I don't know what your going through, but what I do know; is that there are a ton of kids my age getting pregnant, and rarely do you see the father stick around 2 years down the road.

=) Good luck to you and yours, with my best wishes~

ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 2

• He probably doesn't want to reach a settlement, or that it would cost him more than he realized. He's more than likely trying to just "put up" with the situation and hoping you'll give in to him. Not so. I'd still go with the divorce if I were you. You have a good chance of getting custody. Remember, in Texas women have the most power in a divorce. Especially if you were married in a church.

Also you mentioned in a previous question about getting with a man you were also interested in along with your then soon-to-be husband. Please do not get involved with anyone else until your divorce is final. You'll make a recipe for disaster and more struggle.

• He didn't realise he would miss you that much... Either that or he wanted to move onto someone else but they only used him as a fling.

What Girls Said 3

• If you're over him, then that's that, right? It sounds like he hurt you pretty bad, and you don't need a man like that in your life. You deserve someone who truly cares for you and who will be there to support you and your child. It sounds to me like you're much better off without him, and you need to get him out of your life.

I'm sure it's more than difficult for you right now, so please be strong and do what you feel is best for yourself. He was selfish, and now it's your turn, keep your and your baby's best interests at heart. Hope everything turns out well for you. <3

• If you are over him and the relationship than I would think about moving on. Having a baby is a big deal and if you aren't ready or do not have a solid relationship than you are adding an even bigger wrench in the situation. It could be that he is stuck between wanting to be a father and not being ready for it. Not always an easy thing at all.

• Gosh that is a hard one. But if your are TRULY over him then I would go through with the divorce. If you get back with him you will resent him for all that pain he put you through while you were pregnant and you never forget that trust me it happened to me. But if you think you might regret your decision then give it a go but why did he leave to begin with and why does he say he wants you back?