Texting: Hot and cold game - do guys that too?

This guy I'm seeing is actually pretty interested in me, tells me how much he likes and wants me, he keeps texting me a lot etc. And I'm trying to initiate the whole texting thing too lately because I think he'd probably get bored if he is always the first who starts the texting, right? But sometimes when I do that and text him something nice, he doesn't text me back (not always but sometimes). I'm always responding to his texts (even when I see it later) and think that not texting back is kinda rude.

So what's the deal? Is he playing hot and cold with me or are guys different in that case? Is it not a big deal for guys not to respond to all the texts they receive or would a interested guy text back no matter what? I was pretty sure that he likes me but now I'm starting to doubt that...

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are females so clueless about guys? How old are you? I mean come on, you should know what we're about by now.

For fux sake just kiss the dude! If he likes it he'll suckle your lips and rip your clothes off and totally beast on you.

That's men, we're pretty simple. So kiss him, unless you're afraid. But seriously you shouldn't be because what man wouldn't want to be kissed?

Even if you're totally nasty, ugly, fat and grotesque most of us dudes would still accept a kiss.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. (women)

• Hahah, calm down I've already kissed him and I know he liked it, very much actually :-) But we're in different citys right now and who knows if he's still interested when he can't physically kiss me now.

Btw: I'm not ugly/fat/ashamed/afraid etc. I'd say I'm pretty cool in that way actually but just because I look pretty and have courage doesn't mean I can't get confused if I have a crush on him, right? :-)

• All I can say is ask him how he feels about you. But ask him in a way that you are telling him how you feel. See what he says. But yeah.. in a way if a girl is always texting it can be kinda annoying. Especially if you're so far away that we cannot enjoy you, smell you, touch you, caress you, kiss you. Lol

We men are physical creatures. Most of us want mainly that with women. And not necessarily someone to confide in. That's what are male friends are for. But you can always boost us

What Guys Said 10

• i would say start your texting by asking are you busy? this use to happen a lot with my girlfriend. as we both working and never know if simeone is in a meeting or busy with sime work...one thing sure is guy is interested he will at least send yes in a reply.

as others answers suggested guys are always trying to balance out trying to show they are not desperate.

• Ugh, I'm sorry but you can't see the forest from the trees.

He isn't playing games because he told you he wants you. Who cares if he texts you each time!

Here is a test

Text him something really sexual that you want to do to him, I will leave that up to you.

I am sure he will respond.

• Yes he's definitely into texts with sexual stuff lol. But it happened one time when he didn't respond to such a sexual text and I was sure he loved that. Maybe it's the long distance between us, I don't know...

• Probably close the distance!

• If I had even a little bit of interest in a girl, I would NEVER delay a response deliberately.

And you are so right in saying that if one person is always the first to write, sooner or later he will lose interest and drift away.

• That's the right thing to do :)

• :) I hope it all works out well for you in the end.

• Thank you! I hope so too :)

• First off, texting is ALWAYS misleading. You can never determine whether someone likes you or not from texts.

Instead, try hanging out with him and person. You will get the answers your looking for through body language.

• You're right but we are not in the same city right now, so all I have is the whole texting thing :/

• Guys don't NATURALLY do the hot and cold thing. But guys who have learned how to attract women will do it to not appear to0 desperate. So this may be the case, or maybe he's really busy, or maybe he's an a**hole.

• Haha, yes you're right!

• definitely share that role, in "who texts firsts".

A guy might start to feel like a creep if he's always the one texting first.

• I won't lie sometimes I have to appear hot and cold when I'm texting so it doesn't seem like I'm being needy to the person I'm texting, especially when the texting dies down.

• Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know that guys can do that to :)

• Everyone is different but I suspect he likes you.

• A guy would check his phone on the chance you have text even when he's sure you have not, so for a guy to not respond is his interest in you might be over powered by something else at that time, and yes, guys for some reason do play games too,x

• Yupi, when were busy, bored, uninterested, things like that.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't read so much into texting, some people just don't like it. Maybe he texts when he has time and that's why he initiates it.

• don't just look into text. tell us more about how he is with you. does he call? what is the conversation like? How does he treat you?

how do you feel about everything else?

there are times I can't return text right away because I am busy and there are times I actuaylly forget because I have diff. friends text me and I get busy maybe till the next day to respond...

and if I don't do it right away...i forget after a day...so it all depends.

• We are in different citys right now and the texts are actually about everything. Sometimes he asks me what I am up to and how I 'm doing, and sometimes it's rather something sexually (for both sides hehe). He says he's happy about his return and he misses me and asks me if I'm missing him too.We're not texting each other every single day, I wouldn't too that. But 2 times a week, and especially at the weekends when we have more time. He texts me even late at night after going out

• i would be more cautious with this one. especially text late at night. don't put all your eggs on this one...keep dating.

i am meeting so many deceivers...

i would looking into more of the indepth conversations...if he is only talking about how your days...he is not really wanting to get to know you...anyway...good luck...keep busy..keep meeting those who you don't have to question about him...

• Thank you =)

• i don't think he is interested :(