Long term boyfriend asks me on a date then ignores me during it. What's the deal?

were both 18, I've been dating this guy for almost 3 years, generally we have a good relationship but lately this is happening: he invites me on a date and spends literally half the time A) talking on the phone to his friend or B) texting . if he's texting I repeatedly try to start a conversation but usually all I get is a "yeah". sometimes I give up and we just sit there together while he texts/calls . then when the second half of the date rolls around he starts to become talkative again and things are back to normal. this behavior is a bit weird to me, but that's because I don't know why he's doing it. girls, guys, any theories?

*were in a semi-long distance relationship. he lives about an hour 1/2 away and we see eachother almost every weekend (every now and then he stays home to save gas)

Most Helpful Girl

• He might not be doing it purposely he could be doing it and not realising it. The best advice I can give is to talk to him - he knows best

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like he's just not that into you anymore. I think its time you end it

What Girls Said 2

• sounds like he isn't interested anymore. You should walk away.

• it sounds liek he's not really into you :(