Is a sense of humor not important to guys?

i read something about online dating that said guys aren't more inclined to choose women who have funny profiles or sarcastic. That a sense of humor is more important to women then it is to men. Do you guys agree with this, a sense of humor isn't that important?

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely want a girl with a sense of humour. besides I wouldn't want a girl to supress herself, I need a girl who will pull me out of me, and tell me that I am better than I think I am. being funny would definitely make me comfortable, especially because my sense of humour is very broad and can be very ridiculous at times.

What Guys Said 13

• Give a sense of humor to an average guy, and suddenly he becomes a lady's man. Not so with women. An average girl with a sense of humor is still just an average girl to most guys. Women just value a sense of humor more than men in general. That doesn't mean it's not appreciated.

• I like a good sense of humor, but I have noticed that a lot of profiles are 'formulaically funny'. Random, wacky and quirky come off very forced to me, and that seems to be the typical fare that I see on profiles - regardless of gender. I like witty women more than ones who think that spontaneous acts of random or shock humor is funny.

• I like girls with a sense of humour in the sense that she finds my jokes funny and laughs. However, I don't really care if she's funny or not. If she can make me laugh great. If not, meh. It's not a necessary quality that I look for. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've actually met a girl who can make me laugh.

• Sense of humor, no.

I think more important factors are: being able to take things light-heartedly, know how to have fun, and loving herself.

• Not to me. I need a sense of humor in a women and I want a smart woman. I equate sarcasm detection and appreciation of sarcasm to intelligence also. I want to be in a fun relationship.

• A sense of humor is nice, but it's not that important. I'd agree, girls put a lot more emphasis on humor than guys do.

• I would love it in a girl

• Very important.

• A sense of humor is very important. Who wants to be around a stick in the mud?

• It's not a requirement but I like it when a girl has a good sense of humor. But if the girl is not going to be funny then she has to be able to start and maintain a conversation and be outgoing or I'm going to get bored with her quick.

• It's very important to me.

If you can't take a joke, nope.

• yes its more important to women but is still important to men

• not really , I prioritize self esteem above all , the lower the better

What Girls Said 2

• yup I think girls place more emphasis on it, I like guys who can make me laugh :)

• yup I think girls place more emphasis on it, I like (good looking) guys who can make me laugh :)

• Yup you are right:)

• Generally no