Am I the only one against online dating?

I'm 20 years old and I feel like everyone today is all pro online dating, while I am just not. My friends do it but I don't, but then I start wondering why I am alone and they are talking to people? Either way I don't like/ believe in online dating. Does anyone feel the same way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I'm all for meeting people first in person, at a bar, cafĂ©, etc, because online dating makes me wonder who I'm really talking to, are they fact or fiction, at least in person, your safe in that respect, so I would stay single until I met the person that got my attention, instead of looking for it on line,x

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not against it, but I don't promote it either.

I'm going to need a better story in our lives on how we met.

• I don't have anything positive to say about it either. Even did a test to see if flirting with someone I don't find attractive at all and they were just as stuck up and mean.

• Pros and cons, online dating you know straight up what they are looking for, unless they're lying, you know if you have similar interests etc, you can avoid some heartbreak this way because if you read something you don't like you save yourself from getting involved and gaining feelings for the WRONG person.

• Some people, believe it or not, actually do not have time to meet someone naturally. That person could have severe anxiety and depression and not be able to connect in person.

Try and see it from their point of view.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd signed up for online dating and I went on a date with one guy but it didn't work out. It was lack of chemistry and I wasn't attracted to him like we were talking online so I gave up.

It wasn't a good idea to sign up for it in the first time but at least it was a lesson! :)

• way too many fakes out there

• Well I don't have anything against online dating per se, but I don't think I would be comfortable with doing it. I prefer things to happen more organically.