Since when do yu have to have a date? What's wrong with being friends and then something more?

I don't understand the ritual of 'dating' If you know someone well from church, family, work, or school, why do you need to 'go on a date?'

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I gave up dating in my teens, since I agree with you. If you click with someone in 'real life', why do you need a date? Isn't it more sensible to stay in contact in non-structured situations?

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• It depends what you mean by 'dating'.

Realistically, people who truly know each other -well- from school, work or church, often go directly to being in a relationship. So if by 'dating' you mean the 'we're not yet in a relationship yet but go on dates', you are correct. You can skip that step. 'Dating' is a 'get to know you' stage when you don't know each other well but its clear the interest is in developing a non-platonic relationship. If things aren't moving forward in that direction, they are ended. You may be wondering -why-, why can't they just get to know each other as friends first and see if something more happens? Nothing is exactly wrong with that, beyond the fact that - especially as people get older - they don't have time. They have friends, they have a life, they want a girlfriend or boyfriend. Becoming friends first and 'seeing' takes a long time - you might only be able to do that with a few people a year. Given that most of these go nowhere, its just to slow. Beyond that, the older people get, the more their social group is couples, the less they have close opposite sex friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Date is something where you come to know a person more closely, by learning his reactions to certain situations. you come to know if he is bad, good, naughty, loving, shy, etc.

Date is where you are alone with a person having his full attention and giving your full attention.

Girls love dates sometimes because they are pampered a lot and boys come to know if the girl likes him.

There is nothing wrong with being frnds and then something more. But thts when you know a person closely. but if you meet a stranger then at least sometime alone is required.

And even if you are frnds you need to be alone somewhere, where ull both are together and no one to disturb, so thts like a date.

A date is like adding chocolate sauce on vanilla cake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many guys just don't want to make friends with girls.They always want something more.That is why the 'female-male' friendship is kinda bullshit.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Dating is a way to get to know someone. It's about getting them to that "friend" stage and learning about them to see if it's worth becoming something more.

1|0
    0|0