Do guys really want to chase the girl? With regards to texting, should a girl text first? I've been in a relationship for 2 months now and my boyfriend works 10 hours a day. So usually I initiate most of the time. I usually wait 3-5 days before I text him.
Sometimes I text just to say hi and sometimes I play games with him such as 'Truth or Dare'. He says I'm mysterious sometimes and he likes it. But I don't know if I'm damaging our relationship if I initiate most of the time. I fear he is not interested anymore.
I've been browsing some dating websites and they all say that a guy should text first, otherwise it kills attraction. They even say that if he doesn't text just ignore him and move on to the next guy. But is it really worth it if I really like him! Shall I wait more than a week to see if he texts back? Or will he think I'm not interested?
Guys what do you think about the following websites and what the 'experts' have to say? Are they right? I personally don't follow their advice:
2 . link
Thank you. I really need your opinions and not just the 'experts'.
Most Helpful Guy
Link 3: I'm sorry, but why on earth would you take dating advice from a haggard overweight woman who's sitting in a tiny place like that? And if she actually has hands on experience with texting, that means she's a *single* haggard overweight woman who couldn't get a guy when she was young and decent looking, now she's a fat haggard looking 45 year old woman trying to hit on old men at Ace's Hardware.
It's like, when I ask dating advice--do I go to the guys who are married or have a hot girlfriend or pick up women every week, or do I go to the table of the Dungeons and Dragons nerds and ask them?
Texting a guy first is absolutely fine, and I'd advise you to do so for several reasons.
1. Rules are different today. Guys expect women to show interest. Never texting first is fine if you're in high school and dealing with inexperienced guys who get crushes. If you're older than that? Guys learn quickly that 'chasing' women is not beneficial, majority of the time, because if you have to chase her, you're wasting your time.
2. If you're dealing with a good looking guy who isn't desperate, and you never text first, or do enough to show interest--unless you look like Aphrodite in the flesh, you'll get nexted. Why? Because guys who are good looking get told often they're good looking, and they don't feel like, "OMG, I have to keep texting her, she's an amazing woman one of a kind!"
3. Again, I can't state this strongly enough. Men who are college age or above know good and well that if a woman is attracted to them, then there isn't going to be much of a chase, and the woman will demonstrate plenty of interest. Let me give you an example.
When I started college, I tried "chasing" a cute classmate. She did very little to show interest back, and I chased. It ended badly. She wasn't attracted, because I didn't have enough game, or I was close enough to her type, though she complimented me multiple times on my looks in our interactions.
Later, another class, a classmate was interested in me. She flirted with me, showed interest. She played a little bit of games, and I withdrew any interest I was showing. Then she suddenly wanted to chat, I avoided her, she sent a note with a friend giving me her number, and when I texted her, and asked to be FWB's.
1. Pursuing or showing a lot of interest will kill your chances.
2. Making women chase you makes them want you.
3. If a woman is interested, she'll go out of her way for you--otherwise, why waste your time?
Now, do you think I'm special? There's tens of millions of young men who learned the same lessons their own way, the men you're interested in dating.
Now, do you really want to try the "I never text first" game on those men after they learned so firmly that means "I'm not interested, bug off"?