Why hide the fact that you are dating someone?

Hello All,

I started a new job a few weeks ago and had an immediate connection with a coworker , unfortunately, my boss. He is a few years older than me and both of us could not keep our eyes off of each other. As corny as that sounds, it seems as though we locked eyes and were hooked. I unexpectedly received a text message from him soon after being hired that was work related. Somehow we ended up chit chatting all night about anything and everything. Since then we have been in touch nearly every night. Very innocent topics, our favorites, what have you. He has repeatedly , with no prompt from me , said things such as

" I can't believe how much we have in common"

" I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since we met"

" I love how funny you are "

" I could tell you were in intellectual from our first meeting "

" We need to spend more time together to get to know each other"

" I can't believe how beautiful you are "

ok that's embarrasing me but I wanted you to get the picture.

This past week we both acknowledged to each other that there was something there and how much we are attracted to each other. When I tell you we get in touch with each other whenever possible I am not exaggerating. He said he had not been able to get me out of his head since we had met and how wonderful our conversations have been. It has all been very natural and wonderful. We agreed to keep work professional and that whatever happens outside of work happens. He isn't as obvious at work but I can still feel his eyes burning through me when we are there. It has been a short amount of time but we were both so anxious to see and talk to each other often. Honestly I was a little overwhelmed by it.

Fast forward to this week. I am at work involved in our grand opening party. That morning while getting ready we were chit chatting via text about our excitement for the party that night. Later that night There was a young woman standing alone so I went over to introduce myself and make her feel welcomed. I complimented her on her beautiful dress and tried to include her in the festivities. I end up asking her how she came to be there that night and she tells me she is dating the boss. The very man who has been talking to me non stop for the past couple of weeks. I was absolutely floored. I am not a confrontational person so I let it go for the night, I also had no clue what to say to him.

Now I know this has happened to everyone at some point. I am not trying to be naive. However, I do believe we had a connection. I do not know what to say to him or do from here. That entire night he very obviously made a point to avoid me and could not seem to bring himself to look at me. From what I have learned of him thus far it seems incredibly out of character. I realize we have all been there where flirting might get out of hand, BUT a warning, anything ?!

Alright guys, give me your best. my heart hurts.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• There are rules against this sort of things where one person is in a position of power because if something goes wrong in the relationship your job may be in jeopardy too.

• to be quite frank. If you are hiding the fact that you are dating someone- that is pathetic. It means that they don't feel like you are good enough for them