How long do you date a girl before you know you want to marry her?

Do guys know this right away? Can you be madly in love with her yet still not know if she's the one you want to marry?

Most Helpful Guy

• With the way men are routinely screwed over in family and divorce courts these days, there's no amount of time that would make me want to marry a woman. Stay with her? Yes. Marry her? No way.

link

• Don't move in with her, because its considered common law. Do you know why people get divorced, they don't care about marriage anymore. It means nothing. But you'll know the person is there when you feel it. Some know right away, some take years. Is def date people for a while before you make up your mind.

• @bellabionda - exactly, it's pointless now days.

@Cottoncandydreams - I've nothing to be bitter about, I'm a 22 year old guy who has never been married or divorced. I've seen other men get screwed over though - their wives took them to the cleaners, took their children, stopped them from seeing them, and I won't put myself in the same situation.

• Also, even if I was bitter, I'd have good reason to be. Men are 9x more likely to commit suicide over divorce, divorce rates are increasing and 70% of them are instigated by women. Whether I'm bitter or not doesn't change those facts, so shaming me like that is pointless. I doubt you'd be as quick to criticise if divorce courts were biased in men's favour instead, and it was women who were being taken to the cleaners.

What Guys Said 2

• At my age (20's) most long term relationships don't last more than 3-5 years before talk of marriage comes up. The older you get the less time as you know what you want. I have an uncle who remarried less than a year after his wife passed. He says that within 30 days he knew she was good enough. He is financially secure and had married twice before so it was easy for him

• probably 3-5 years for me!

What Girls Said 5

• I would say between 3-5 years

• I think it depends. Everyone is different.

• 3 years minimum

• Depends on the person his values and stage in life

• probably about a year or so