Best site for online dating?

What do you think is the best online dating site overall? What about the best one for finding someone interested in a serious relationship? If you ever used one please tell about your experience!

Most Helpful Girl

• I like OkCupid. It's free and allows you to answer a ton of questions about your lifestyle, your past, your future, etc. I have met a lot of great guys on there. Only one that really was looking for just sex. I actually got engaged to someone I met on there after we were very happy together for a long time! It didn't work out, however that hasn't changed my mind about the site. Now I'm just trying to met people the old fashioned way. It's definitely not easy. I think men, people in general, don't like approaching people anymore. It's part of being a Generation Y that bothers me so much.

• I have no problem approaching a woman in public but I am not really ever around women that often in my day to day life. I think it might just be the area in which I live. How many messages a week do you get on Okcupid?

• I got about 15 a day, on average. The site shows how frequently the people you are messaging for the first time actually respond to others, which I like. Then people know where they stand with you replying or not. I only responded to guys meeting all my criteria so it showed I replyed selectively. Men obviously from what I've heard don't get nearly as many messages, but I always sent something to the guys who caught my eye. I had messaged my ex-fianc? first!

What Girls Said 8

• I've used a lot of them but mostly Plentyoffish and Okcupid. I think Okcupid is better. Really I've been doing it off and on for years. It takes practice. Lots of men are more outgoing about sexual stuff and I'd get a lot of weird messages. I would just block them.

I would spend weeks talking to anyone before meeting. A few messages a week on average. If they could keep up a conversation and weren't pressuring me to meet it was a good sign. Some quickly wanted to meet or be Facebook friends. I pretty much got turned off by that.

I've never met anyone that didn't look like their picture. I never meet for drinks or anywhere private. I don't want to deal with a drunk,. I had a few of those and they would become the angry drunk when I refused sex.

I've probably been on 30 to 40 dates. I went out with a few of them more than once. 3 guys have turned into relationships. First guy it lasted a year, 2nd guy lasted 8 months and I've been with the 3rd guy for 3 months now.

I know that's I woman's perspective but that's all I got.

• This was really helpful. Thanks for your answer :)

• I suggest joining a club or doing something routine that involves other people and finding someone there

• I'd say Skype is a pretty good place to start ;)

• Ha! Could you tell me about your experience?

• Well mine was pretty great...

• Are you still with that guy?

• Honestly I think you are safer doing things in person never online..people are never who they seem to be.

• okcupid or match.com

avoid plenty of fish like the plague, so many people on there who are just after sex or list that they want to cheat on their husbands/wives/boyfriends/girlfriends on there

• Have you used okcupid or match? Thanks for the heads up on plenty of fish, I'll make sure to avoid it.

• ive used both and theyre quite good, I get a lot of replies as I'm female but 60-70% of messages are high quality, thought out and genuine sounding men which is better than other sites were you only get a hi, hows u? for hundreds of messages. no problem about POF :)

• I used myyearbook. I really wasn't looking for a relationship just friends. I didn't take most of the guys serious because most just wanted sex. one day I got a message from this guy, the way he talked to me was respectful so I gave him my number. now we have been together for 2 years and a few months. he gave me a promise ring and we want to move in together soon and have a family in a few years.

advice for you. be open minded and honest about everything from the start. don't lie about silly things she will find out the truth anyways.

• That is great advice! However, I am the one that honest and upfront one I've been getting the ones who lie a lot, lol. Hopefully I'll get out of that rut sooner rather than later :)

• None of them. Online dating is a joke. It's much better to meet someone in person. I have tried it and struck out horribly.

• I work in a predominantly male work group and most of the woman I know are in relationships. Where do you think is a place to meet women in person. I don't drink so the bar/club is out for me.

• Try the mall or a park. Starbucks. Anywhere a lot of people frequent. I'm still single but when I am off I go to the these places. I get some shopping done and I just might bump into someone :0) This is just my way of putting myself out there. I'm not a fan of clubs or bars either. Good luck!

• Plentyoffish.com

christianmingle.com

eharmoney.com

What Guys Said 3

• Okcupid and Plenty of fish are equally shitty sites. Women size you up and talk shit on you if you have any standards by stating what you like or don't like in your mate.

Your best bet is to meet someone through friends or out and about. And if you mess with Facebook, that too.

• Craigslist, it's a melting pot. People with the same mindset will find each other there, be it sex freaks or looking for long term.

• ive done the online dating its over rated in my opinion your far better meeting up with friends and going out and about often poepl online can be different in person that's not to say that everyone is but you have ot be carfeul