Girls have you ever messaged a guy first on a online dating site?

Guy would welcome it or hate?

I read so many articles about it and all of them suggest to never message him first, so I didn't so far. And it works OK, I get loads of messages but there is this one guy who seems really interesting and I wonder if I should start the conversation or not

Most Helpful Guy

• I joined the POF dating site several years ago and women contacted me constantly, to the point where I don't think I ever contacted any myself. I felt like a dating machine, even. Maybe at my age there's a paucity of men who continue to draw breath and remain vertical, but I was pleasantly amazed.

• so do you recommend for or against it?

• I say you should go for it. There are plenty of others doing it, and no reason not to.

What Guys Said 3

• as diamondgallade said- yes most guys WHO ARE NOT ON DATING SITE will find it weird.. the interested ones won't find it weird.. GO for it.

• I would say you should. My current girlfriend asked me out over text message and my friends thought it was weird but it was fine with me. I mean girls have the exact same rights just go for it

• so most guys thought it was weird?

• Start the conversation. I like it when girls message me first and I am a guy.

What Girls Said 4

• I did all the time. The only thing is depends on the site as to whether you will get any reply's back.

• no never done that

• No, only once.

• yes